Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2005, 05:11 AM

I'm getting a little worried about my trip. I'm not watching the news (Weather) this year. But, I can't seem to find anybody else going on this cruise. lol... My first cruise (didn't go on the last, but paid for it. Thank you Ivan. ) I guess the other couple going, my husband, and I will get GREAT service if nobody else is going. lol... Wonder if they'd leave port with just the four of us. There has got to be somebody going on this cruise. SOMEBODY TELL ME YOU'RE GOING ON THIS CRUISE!
Old 08-04-2005, 05:44 AM

We're going on Jan 9th, 2006. Can't help you in Sept. Have a safe, fun trip and give us your report.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:35 PM

Hope you have a great time. Our first cruise on Sensation will be 9/24, so leave us some food, ok? I have been on the Holiday out of N.O.--GREAT TIME--and I figure this one is just as good. Husband and I have been on 5 cruises in 3 years, three of them with Carnival, two with Royal Caribbean. I am taking my 88 year old mother-in-law and her two married daughters--we are leaving the men at home this time. Four women, aged 88, 62 (yours truly), 54 & 52, and we plan to have a wonderful cruise. Just enjoy every minute of it, and when something happens that makes you uncomfortable, find something good to make of it. Take a walk, play bingo, read a book, see a show, eat, eat, eat and shop, shop, shop. Meet new people, they may be your next door neighbor...I met a woman from down the street on a cruise...had never met her before, just struck up a conversation with her mother. Small world. Have fun.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:10 AM

Lynzie, Now you're exactly what I was hoping for. Did you say you've been on this ship before? We are going with another couple, but the things they enjoy doing aren't always what we enjoy doing. We can't get an info from them other than what they enjoy. Please tell me more more more! We like relaxing, being pampered, eating, shopping and experiencing new things. We are not divers or scuba people. We do love the sea, just don't swim much in it. I guess we are more beach dwellers.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:54 AM

No, we have not sailed on Sensation, but on the Holiday, which was older, yet a great ship. I have never had a bad cruise with 2 on Inspiration, 1 Holiday and 2 on RCCL's Grandeur of The Sea. I read somewhere that the Sensation was upgraded in 2000, and they are always maintaining the ships to keep them fresh. Go with a good attitude and you should have a good cruise, is my motto. Remember the golden rule and be nice when you ask for special favors, and even when you feel you have been short changed. The crew on these ships come from all over the world, and when you pitch a fit over the small stuff, you give American's a bad name. Be nice, as I tell my grandkids...and you will get more done.
Our trip will have 4 married women (not a party gal in the bunch)who are off to see the world--for the first time without our husbands a kids. We chose the 5 days because that's all we can stand away from home and family.
I have read a lot of reviews and some are wonderful, others not, but I choose to believe those with good news.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:08 PM

Sensation is set up for a "wet dock" in October, 2005. New bedding linens, carpet, painting and general maintenance... About a 2-3 week event. Then back on the seas. We sail out on the sensation in Jan 2006. Have fun!!
Old 08-29-2005, 01:27 PM

I'm sailing on the 9/19/05 cant wait to go this is my first cruise just hope the port will be open in new orleans
Old 08-29-2005, 07:28 PM

yahoooo~~~~~~~~~~!!!!! Found somebody! I am really excited now. This will be our first cruise also. We were booked last year, but Ivan scared us off. This year, Well, Katrina would have to be a lot bigger to get rid of us this year. She'd probably have to come clear up to Arkansas and wipe us out. So tell me, who are you, where are you from, sailing with family?
Old 08-29-2005, 07:58 PM

I'm from tennessee this is my wife and my first cruise my parents and two uncles and their families are going with us. I wonder if the port will be open in n.o. or if we will have to go out of texas
Old 08-30-2005, 07:06 AM

It's not looking very good in New Orleans. We have a hotel registration in the French Quarter. I don't know if the hotel is even still there. It looks horrible. I watched a news reel this morning that was just awful. I am praying for those people.

Closed Thread