Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 10:16 AM

My sister and I cruised on the SS Norway(she was a beautiful ship) many years ago. Our table mates was this man, his wife, hiselderly mother and his two daughters. He was always dressed in a nice black suit, and sunglasses. They were staying in of the large suites. He told us the window in his NY office looked out at the NY Harbor...don't remember what he did, but lets just say that he would fit right in on the Sopranos, if you get my drift. All in all they were a nice family. One night tho, he tried to pawn his mother off on us the next day when we were in St THomas.
Dee
Old 04-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Banned

One of my favorite tables was when we were on the Grandeur, Western Caribbean, out of Nawlins'. Table of 10; we're from northern California, and in our 40s (2003). Our tablemates, all from the south (Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Georgia), and all couples in their 60s. Fun people, but a little conservative. On the first formal night, we're sitting at dinner, my beautiful wife to my right, and Jerry from Alabama to my left. When the photographer came to our table and asked us to "couple up," I snuggled up to 'ol Jerry, wrapped my arm around him, and said "smile pretty, baby." I thought this poor guy was going to stroke out!

On the second formal night, he sat as far away from me as possible! When the photographer came by, he looked at me with fear in his eyes, as if this wild Californian was going to get up from his seat and put another move on him.

Sometimes, I just say and do things which pop into my head...my wife is a saint to have put up with my antics!

Oh yeah, 'ol Jerry and his wife (don't remember her name) DID NOT respond that next Christmas to the card and nice note I sent them. Haarrruuuumph.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:21 AM

Goin'cruisin'... what was it?? Your breath??

Funny story. Wish I had been there to see that scene.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-20-2007, 12:45 PM

What ships have you ben on frankie??. On all my cruises we have had our assined table the first night with the same table mates the rest of the week.

Casanova frankenstein:
Well it really depends
Remember that you will not know your tablemates until your second day because you will be seated to the next available table the first day at carnival
Is not until the second day that they let you to your table. Horror stories you bet!!!
At carnival destiny during my honeymoon we have the kind of tablemate that you ask yourself
What the hell is going on her mind???
They serve you a great Lobster she said “Yaghh This lobster is the worst I have ever taste”
They serve you a very decadent Chocolate cake “wow this cake is terrible!!!”
There were no way you can make her happy and believe me the waiter tried everything and she keep humiliating the poor waiter
Actually for me the food was great I Remember the best one Bisque of lobster WOW!!! Is the best thing I ever tasted but she said “How can they serve this, is tasteless I can't wait for this cruise to be over”
Crazy people!!!!
Looking forward to go out of the ship???? What?? I don’t get it…
The last night at the cruise, she didn’t came you know it was the night you tip extra the waiter for their good work.
What a surprise!!!
I gave the waiter an extra tip $ 20, I always do it if they do a good work and tell him “man you are a saint If I were you I will have lets her know how great and considered passenger she was…”

At the adventure of the seas I ask at booking for a small table 2 or 4 at most and my wife only speak Spanish so I ask for a waiter that can speak Spanish.
They put me in a 9 person table and in English speaking section Luckily I was there early and make the changes needed after that they gave me a 4 person table and the other couple never show up so as far is go the do a great job!!!
Just a word of advice arrive as early as you can in my case I enter the boat at 11:30 am so get early, go to the restaurant in case you have any trouble because at that time is easy to make changes…[/quote]

Old 04-20-2007, 12:51 PM

On our first cruise we had a table for four. The man and wife fought all the time. We were switched to another table. This was not a good match either. Now we cruise with someone or take a table for two.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Casanova frankenstein:
Well it really depends
Remember that you will not know your tablemates until your second day because you will be seated to the next available table the first day at carnival
Is not until the second day that they let you to your table.
??? That has never been our experience with Carnival or any other line. We were seated at our regular table on the first night and kept it for the whole cruise unless we asked to change.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Thats my story
...and you're sticking to it, right?

It had to be said! *L*
Old 04-20-2007, 03:08 PM

Only twice have we been seated with people that we knew right away we wanted to get away!!! *L*

I think Carnival tries to match up people of similar age, assuming they will have more in common than just randomly placing people at tables. Well, one cruise, we were seated at a table with 4 other people easily 15 years older than us, which wouldn't have been a problem, except that their attitudes were more like 30 years older. Hubby later discovered that someone had made a typo on his age, and transposed the numbers in his age, so instead of 46, they thought he was 64 or something like that! *L* Anyway, we did ask if there wasn't another (hopefully larger) table with two spaces available. We were seated at a table for 10 with other couples a bit older than ourselves, but with young-at-heart attitudes and had a BLAST!

Then, our last cruise we were seated with another couple that could both give Eeyore a run for his money. Very depressing -- they complained about EVERYthing. We asked to be reassigned, and were seated with two other couples and had a great cruise.

Those are really the only times it was bad enough to request a change!
Old 04-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Administrator

We've been seated with people much older than us, but in that case it was great. We all got along very nicely. That was on a Princess cruise. As for Carnival, we have normally been seated with others with kids our son's age - so I know they are trying to match people as best they can. This last cruise on the Holiday was sort of strange - a table for ten that had 7 on the first night and then 5 of us for the rest of the cruise - us and a mom and daughter from Arkansas.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:55 PM

You probably scared them away with your ballon hat Dave!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, dining, hell, mates, table, tablemates