Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2007, 10:47 AM

I am about to take my first cruise on the Paradise in May (4 day Baja Mexico) with four other people. I am a little concerned about the table seating as we did not book our cruises together as a group, but did select the same dining times. It sounds to me like it's a bit of a gamble as to whether or not we will all have the same dinner times and be seated at the same table. Since I am not much of a gambling kind of gal, I would like to know just how difficult it will be for our group of five to be seated together at dinner. From what I have read on these messageboards, we can make a request with the maitre'd once we board the ship to change our dinner times/seatings (if necessary). But it seems as though there is a chance our request could not be met. Is it possible I'm worrying too much about this? As I said before, this is my first cruise and I'm not quite sure what to expect. Also, I would love to hear from anybody who has cruised on the Paradise recently. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Did the Paradise to Baja. That is our inbetween, can't go another day without before the big cruise, cruise. We have went 3 and the 4 day also. Any questions, pictures, advise, private message me. Just click on my name and it will take you to my profile. Would love to share.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 04-21-2007, 11:34 AM

on our last cruise on the elation we were at a table for 10 it was the best we had a great time every night we all laughed out servers were so great made the whole cruise wonderful, every night after dinner we went to karoke togeather and to the shows. we still keep in contact with them and hope to be togeather for another cruise soon.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:42 AM

Call the other passengers you're traveling with and either give them your booking # or better yet, get theirs. Call your T/A and give him.her both booking #'s and ask that the two or three cabins (whatever the case) be "Cross Referenced" for dining. This will assure that you all dine at the same table. Now, if anyone in the party requested a different dining time you'll have to have everybody change to the same one for the cross X to take.

Cross referenceing is not just done on request, it is confirmed. They will guarantee everyong is at the same table before you hang up the phone.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-21-2007, 11:44 AM

Sorry, last message was for v_gurl.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Administrator

We've cross-referenced with others many times and it has always been set up with no problems. I think the lines actually like this happening since it means a table that will be compatible and is one less that might have people wanting to change their assignment.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Administrator

We cross-referenced our dining with traveling companions several times. If you used the same TA, ask him/her to take care of it for you, as s/he will have all sets of booking numbers. If you used different TAs, you all might need to get the others' booking numbers, and have your own TAs take care of it -- but this is done very quickly and easily. You can also specify if you want your own table of 5, or if you prefer to be part of a larger table. We've done it both ways.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:13 PM

Thank you all so much for the info! I didn't know you could cross-reference booking #'s. I will definitely do that. You all are the best!
Old 04-21-2007, 05:08 PM
[quote]Originally posted by retcwby:
What ships have you ben on frankie??. On all my cruises we have had our assined table the first night with the same table mates the rest of the week.

well in carnival cruise line or at least the carnival Destiny before you leave port
During sunday (7 day cruise you leave port at 10 pm
And at that night they sit you in the orther you arrive, so I gess thats) the first night no?
I remember at royal carribean or at least the adventure of the seas they seat at your table at the very first night (sunday) but not at the carnival Destiny...
Old 04-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Casanova frankenstein,

It would seem that the late departing cruises from San Juan are the exception, with that first night being open seating dinner. In virtually all other cases - at least those I am familiar with - the dinner seatings start on the first night.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, dining, hell, mates, table, tablemates