Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Well donít really know at least that was my experience at the Carnival Destiny (2005) and I have read in a few reviews thatís the case at the Destiny so I guess thatís the case for this Ship, but at ďThe Adventure of the seasĒ I was seated at my table the very first night
But not be seated at my table at the first night,
Was not a big deal actually they were much better tablemates that the one I got the second night LOL!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:40 PM

On one cruise, I went solo & was stuck at a table with a group of 5 friends who only wanted to talk to each other -- they were going on the "economy" plan and were all sharing one cabin, weren't very interested in sampling new dishes or wines, etc... It was a somewhat lonely mealtime.
That's the only solo cruise I've been on, when we travel together, we've had fairly interesting table mates.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Hi maggiethecat, and welcome to cruise-chat.

Sorry to hear of your experience. Did you try to change tables?
Old 04-22-2007, 06:57 AM

Hmmmmm i've never sailed on destiny, maybe they just do it different than the rest?

Old 04-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Banned

maggiethecat, I agree with LisaP. Did you talk to the maitre 'd about having your table changed to better suit your needs?
I hate when I see someone eating alone. It really bothers me. These cruisers were rude. Even though they were "economy" cruisers they should have had enough respect and decency to talk to you. A'ndrea
Old 04-22-2007, 06:56 PM
On my first cruise I was seated at a table for 6 on the Fascination. I was the only male at the table and the only one under 50 (I was 32 at the time cruising single). The table beside me was all ladies, and no one over 25. I stayed at my table and the older ladies were quite plesant company.

My second cruise on the Glory, I only saw 2 of my table mates during the cruise. I had the whole table to myself. On the 3rd night, a lady invited me to join her table, they were a good group of people - I stayed with them for the rest of the cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, dining, hell, mates, table, tablemates