Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2006, 11:23 AM

Wonderful cruise. I was very nervous considering the morning before my cruise the front page of the paper had a horrible article. We did not encounter any of the problems listed. Our toilets worked fine, there was no sewage smell on the decks, water temp in the shower was iffy - hot, cold, scalding, hot, cold - but I can deal with that for three days of sun and relaxation. People were complaining about the delay to get to the excursions, but no one can make Mother Nature cooperate. We chose not to take our excursion due to the rough seas and we were grated a full refund. I have and will continue to recommend the cruises out of Mobile. There are bugs to iron out. We left several hours late and the disembarking procedure was a nightmare - but those are minimal problems.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Administrator

What happened with the debarkation? Our Holiday cruise last year had the best debarkation I've ever experienced.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the old girl. I've cruised on the Holiday twice and had a great time on both. I think the water issues are just a fact of life aboard a 20 year old ship.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:39 PM

I have also cruised on the Holiday. (It was my first cruise ship to be on.) We had a blast, so good in fact that we decided to take another one just 10 months later, but it had to be rescheduled because my hubby got orders (we are Air Force) to go to Iraq. The debarkation process was great, the staff was great and the food was great! We had no complaints. We have another crusie set for March of 07 when my hubby returns from Iraq on the Glory leaving out of FL. to go to Key West, Belize and Costa Maya. We would have no quams about cruising on the Holiday again if we lived in that direction. When we cruised on the Holiday we lived in Biloxi, ( we just missed Katrina by 2 weeks ) The AF moved us to Robins AFB in Ga. so now we will debark from FL. which is closer. I have pics posted on www.webshots.com of our cruise. (HopeB1966) I'm sorry you had such a bad time. I do hope FEMA returned the old girl in good enough shape to sail again. (I know there was plans to referbish her) I'd hate to see her taken out of the fleet. Better luck next time.
Hope

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread