Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 04:20 AM
We have always brought some little bottles of Coke and have packed them in our checked bags.. Have they changed the rules to make us put them in our carry-on? My wife insists to still leave them in our checked bags.. She does'nt want to haul any carry-on. What will Carnival do if they find 8 bottles of coke in the checked bags? 6 DAYS!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-22-2010, 05:22 AM

this is what we did in Sept on the dream. we bought a very inexpensive gym bag and put the drinks and water in them, sent it with our checked bags. we were just like your wife, we didnt want to have to carry that heavy bag all over the ship with our carry on.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Banned

We always carry ours on.

I have a pilot bag with wheels that will hold 2 12 packages of soda and some water.

As to what will happen??? Your guess is as good as mine, since consistancy is not Carnival's stop suit.

I think the worst thing is that you will have to go to the "naughty room" to retrieve your suitcase.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:15 PM

We carry a 12 pack per person on and then at each stop, if we need more, we are able to bring more on without any problem!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
What will Carnival do if they find 8 bottles of coke in the checked bags?
According to their policy which can be found here, they will retain them until the end of the voyage.

I agree with LHP, as to I don't know what they will actually do as consistency isn't always their strong suit. I rolled my water on this last time with a Jeep roller back pack.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:42 PM

Anybody had any experiences lately with water or soda packed in luggage? Would 2 - 2 litre bottles of coke be considered excessive for a 7 day cruise?

B
Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim c View Post
We have always brought some little bottles of Coke and have packed them in our checked bags.. Have they changed the rules to make us put them in our carry-on? My wife insists to still leave them in our checked bags.. She does'nt want to haul any carry-on. What will Carnival do if they find 8 bottles of coke in the checked bags? 6 DAYS!!
Yes, they want you to put them in the carry on's now. I have no idea what they will do if they find them. I don't think they are overly strict about soft drinks and water though. If they show up as something suspicious and the luggage is locked, they will inform you to come open it.

I've always done the same thing too as they didn't used to have caffeine free Diet Coke. This last time I got a back pack with wheels and carried on my 8-pack of water just in case.

It can be subjective I hear depending on the port and the screeners. My best advice is to follow the new rules and carry-on your allowed liquids. That way you have no worries.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:35 AM

Thanks Dwayne,

What about bringing 2 - 2 litre bottles of coke? Will that be considered excessive to carry on at the beginning of a 7 day cruise? I'm like you, have to have the caffeine free.

B
Old 01-27-2011, 07:16 AM

Bub-

I think you will be ok with 2 liter bottles but I am not sure about 2 - 2liter bottles. As stated early we bring one bottle. Enough to make sure we get to the first port. Then you can buy additional soda in port and carry it bake on the ship without a problem. In port the only thing they hold would be liquor. Then you don't have to worry about lugging bottles of water and soda AND you luggage onto the ship on embarkation day.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-27-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Thanks Dwayne,

What about bringing 2 - 2 litre bottles of coke? Will that be considered excessive to carry on at the beginning of a 7 day cruise? I'm like you, have to have the caffeine free.

B
Sorry Bub, I answered the wrong question. I haven't brought 2 litre bottles on before. I usually bring cans or 16 oz bottles. I would still carry them on to be on the safe side. They don't exactly treat luggage gingerly.

The official line from Carnival on this is;

"On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (package of 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) onboard, only in their carry-on luggage."

Closed Thread

Tags
bottle, bottles, bring, carnival, carry, carrying, carryons, checked, cruise, drinks, luggage, rules, small, suitcase, water