Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Carnival Legend....Sept 4th (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/2340-carnival-legend-sept-4th.html)

Bobby M 08-20-2004 12:38 PM

If anyone has personally been on the Carnival legend can you let me know how your experience was good or bad either way will be helpful

Also is anyone going on the legend from sept 4th-12th

I appreciate any help

Bobby M 08-20-2004 12:38 PM

If anyone has personally been on the Carnival legend can you let me know how your experience was good or bad either way will be helpful

Also is anyone going on the legend from sept 4th-12th

I appreciate any help

jevmas 08-22-2004 09:13 PM

Hi, We were on the Legend last April 2003 - first time cruising with Carnival, and first time our children cruised with us as well (9 and 11). We had cruised Royal Caribbean 6 times before and being this was our first cruise with our children we choose Canival. We very much enjoyed our cruise on the Legend, the food way past our expectations and we thought it was out of this world. The buffet was by far the best. The service in the dinning room was exceptional and our room attendant could not do enough for us. There really isn't anything bad I can say. 3 other couples and their children came with us
first time on Carnival and a couple (no kids) that we met on our very first cruise in 1990, first time on Carnival as well, all had a great time. My kids had such a great time that they chose another cruise over disney, so in June we left out of NJ for a 9 night cruise on RCC Voyager of the Seas, great vacation, however, we did think the food and service was better on the Legend. I hope this little bit of info has helped. Have a great vacation. Sue

CheriLee 08-29-2004 09:14 PM

I was recently on the Carnival Legend. We sailed out of New York on Aug 11, 2004 and returned Aug 19, 2004. We left the harbor 2 hours late due to a problem with the ship's propulsion system. It was not rectified and we had to cut our speed in half due to working off one engine. We were only 3 hrs out of New York. The Captain & corporate headquarters let us know the next morning we would not be going to San Juan, St Thomas or Tortola. We would be docking in Bermuda for 3 days in order to repair the engine of the ship. The company credited our sail & sign card with $150 a person. They gave the impression they were giving us something but in reality they simply returned our port fees that had been paid by us when we paid for our trip. We left Bermuda on Mon at noon and headed for New York we arrived outside the New York area Wed in the wee hours of the morning and for that entire day we made a big circle in the Atlantic Ocean because we could not dock until the next morning. No restitution is being offered by the company and the passengers, over 2,000 of them, signed a petition and are looking to start a class action suit.

Now for the good part of this review...The ship is beautiful. I found the food to good. But the most impressive is the dedicated waiters & waitresses in the Truffles Dining Room. They made our dinners the highlight of the day. We looked forward to being entertained by them each night. Our ship stewards were excellent. Our rooms were beautiful, we had a balcony room that was not only large but the view was worth every penny when we came into port. If you have children traveling with you from what I saw Camp Carnival is a lot of fun. I hope you have a wonderful time. I will not be traveling on this Cruise line again unless they come up with a free trip to take the place of my ruined vacation this time.

peachcrek 08-30-2004 03:22 AM

sorry to hear about your plight , But we did a eastern cruise and you missed nothing in two of the ports both san juan and st thomas If it had been me I would have loved to be stuck in Bermuda for 3 days, somethings are uncontrolable and we do have to make the best of it , I was on a cruise and it rained 4 days out of the seven it was horrible but we made the best of it there is always another cruise and maybe even better time, on the next vacation. I hope you will reconsider using Carnival again I find that all cruiseship co. take the complaints seriously, and they did give you credit back, you got more then we did when we were on ncl we got nothing.