Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2007, 09:24 PM

I kind of wondered what percent of cruisers would be, well not trekies per say but Star Trek buffs. After all the Enterprise is an amazing concept for a ship. I wouldn't spend too much time on the sun deck though. Just a spot in 10 forward between Dr. Krusher (sp?) and Counselor Troy.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
I kind of wondered what percent of cruisers would be, well not trekies per say but Star Trek buffs. After all the Enterprise is an amazing concept for a ship. I wouldn't spend too much time on the sun deck though. Just a spot in 10 forward between Dr. Krusher (sp?) and Counselor Troy.
Ah yes, Gates McFadden and Marina Sirtis. Certainly two ladies I'd buy a drink for! Captain Janeway was too bossy for me, and she has that Kathyrn Hepburn kind of voice which can be grating.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:36 AM

I forget - How much are the soda cards?
We have two kids. Do they each need one or can we buy one to use for both of them?
Thanks.
Lexy
Old 01-11-2007, 10:41 AM

BTW, we are also huge fans of Star Trek and I have been in love with Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) for milleniums !! He is an awesome actor and sooooooooo good lookin ! I love him in Safe House too - great movie.
I would love to hang out with Captain Picard and Riker in 10 Forward or better yet the hollo deck (sp?)
Janeway is too bossy. Gets on my nerves. Too bad because theres some good episodes.
My husband is always trying to get me to watch.
Lexy
Old 01-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Administrator

For a 7-day cruise I think the children's fountain fun pass is $28 (not including the 15% gratuity added to it). The adult card is more expensive, which is really nothing more than a shake-down of the adults. Do children pay less if they buy a can of soda? Nope.

The rule is one person per card - so to be legit each child needs their own card. Obviously this rule is often broken but the bar staffs do look for violations.

I'm watching DS9 at the moment. I never really got into DS9. I think TNG was the best of all the Star Trek series - even better than TOS.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:08 PM

Next generation is more plausible than the original. The cardboard bridge gave way to smooth lines and leather! Interesting that blue skin made the transition to TNG.

Live long and prosper!

Captain Janeway - Bringing home the bacon and fying it up in the pan. Could there be a less desireable female?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
Next generation is more plausible than the original. The cardboard bridge gave way to smooth lines and leather! Interesting that blue skin made the transition to TNG.

Live long and prosper!

Captain Janeway - Bringing home the bacon and fying it up in the pan. Could there be a less desireable female?
To me the most likeable Voyager character was the doctor. I didn't like Janeway, Chakotay, or Torres. Tom Paris was okay. And how many times was Ensign Kim either kidnapped or killed (and then brought back to life)? It must have been every other episode!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I'm watching DS9 at the moment. I never really got into DS9. I think TNG was the best of all the Star Trek series - even better than TOS.
I enjoyed ST but never got into the later episodes.
My Son In Law gave me the series of 'firefly' at Christmas which I enjoyed immensely, something akin to cowboys in space. I believe it never got off the ground in the USA because they mixed the episodes up. There is also a movie from the series which is also very good.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:48 PM

I vote for TNG as the best !!
LOL
Lexy

Closed Thread

Tags
beverages, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, drinks, freedom, include, included, reviews, royal, seas, tea, types, unsweetened