Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2007, 10:59 AM

I see that the drinks that are included are juice, fruit drinks and tea. Does anyone know if the tea is the kind that is brewed or is it the kind that comes out of a soft drink machine? Also, do they have sweet tea?
Old 01-01-2007, 11:18 AM

The tea is the fountain type syrup+water, not brewed. It's unsweetened by the way. You must be from the south!!
Old 01-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Administrator

You also have coffee, and by the coffee stations there will be an assortment of tea bags for making hot tea.

Cruise ship iced tea is a constant source of debate - usually derogatory. I've had some passable tea on various cruises but it never seems to be consistent. Although the tea on the Freedom Of The Seas last year was pretty decent. However, I usually stick with water at dinner - the ship's water and not bottled water.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:43 AM

Sounds like the fountain card might be a good bet for me. I don't drink coffee, fruit drinks, and not very much juice. I only like the real tea (yes, I am from the south). So it looks like the fountain card might pay off for us. Do you know if they have Dr. Pepper?

Wow...I sound really picky!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Mr. Pibb, no Dr. Pepper.

About the fountain card.....I think it is not a good deal for adults. The price you pay for it on a 7-night cruise is about equal to what you would pay to buy 25 cans of soda at the bar. If you drink that much soda then fine and dandy, but that is a lot. Note that the card does not get you full cans of soda (or juice). You get a bar glass full per serving, and this has been poured from a can on all of our recent Carnival cruises.

The card does offer convenience, and it's full price is also hit for the 15% tip when you buy it.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:20 PM

Sometimes there is hot chocolate packets by the coffee stations also.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Administrator

I forgot about the packets of hot chocolate/cocoa. They usually have a good selection of teas too - including my favorite Earl Grey.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:34 PM

It is really easy to do your own fresh tea. Use a water glass with the hot water and tea bags at the beverage station. I bring my own water bottle and fill it with ice. I also find the dining room tea to be better than the lido buffet tea. I also make my own milkshakes. Just fill a glass with soft serve and ask for a carton of milk, always available at the buffet, and stir with spoon.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Another tea drinker chiming in ---

The iced tea on ships generally comes out of a carton. (I've seen them refill the machines.) It's not sweet, but packets of sugar and artificial sweetener are nearby.

Like sharvey, I will occasionally make my own iced tea by brewing it myself in a cup (two teabags), then transferring it to an ice-filled glass.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:58 AM

My wife and I bought Fountain cards on Glory the last time we went. It was good for the occasional Coke fix...but, I REALLY enjoyed the juices and the hot chocolate, so I won't be getting the card again. I'm very picky about my hot chocolate having that REAL chocolate taste (not watery taste) and their machines did a good job on it.

I think whether to get a card or not is totally up to the person...some people just have to have their cokes all the time.

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
beverages, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, drinks, freedom, include, included, reviews, royal, seas, tea, types, unsweetened