Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 08:08 AM

Well we made it back home to Yokohama Japan after 7 great days on the Carnival Glory (10-17 November). A great cruise followed by Thanksgiving at home with family. I am indeed blessed. I want to thank everyone on this web site who provided incredible advice to me. Let me say that we had a great time. The end of the cruise came way too soon. Some of you will remember this was a 30 year wedding anniversary trip for us and we wanted a table for just the two of us. Your advise was to go immediately see the M'D: I did and it worked. I will not bore you all with all the details; everyone knows what a fine ship the Glory is and her crew was excellent. I do however want to counterpoint some of the negative comments made about Carnival and their staff found on other sites. Here goes: We had scheduled two snorkeling shore excursions; one on St. Thomas and one at St Martin, the Rhino Rider and Snorkel shore excursion. After leaving St. Thomas we received a note indicating our Rhino Rider tour was reschedule from 0800 to 1000, no big deal. After a quick tour of St. Martin we where at the designated meeting spot where we were met by Carnival staff informing us the Rhino trip was now canceled and offering us a list of replacement tours that were still available. After a quick review of the list, we thanked him for the offer and effort but we would just go back into St. Martin and enjoy the day. We did not get upset, we understand there are just things that we cannot control. Then, out of the blue, the excursions manager offer to refund our money for BOTH tours for our troubles. We didn't ask for a refund and told the manager that the St. Thomas refund was not necessary because we had a great time but he persisted. What a deal...I am only sorry I didn't get the English lads name so I could thank him. Anyway, that is my “horrible cruise and crew” story. Thanks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-14-2007, 12:10 PM

Welcome home bigguycruising, glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. Also glad to hear about your "horrible crew/cruise" adventure. I always feel the crew/staff will go out of their way to make things right. It was great that they refunded both excursions. We haven't been that lucky, but they've compensated us with either another excursion or at least the one that was cancelled refunded. It's now time for you to get busy planning your next one, it sure helps ease the pain of returning to reality. Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season!!
Old 12-14-2007, 08:52 PM

Welcome back bigguycruising! It is so nice to hear back from you. I am glad you had a great cruise. Also glad to hear you got your table for two.

Penny, is right. Time to start planning another one.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
japan, yokohama