Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 10:33 AM

We are looking to book one of the aft L-shaped balcony rooms on the Victory, and our PVP is saying that from what he can tell, those aft balconies won't connect. We are particularly looking at cabins 6459 & 6451.
anyone have any info about whether these cabins will connect balconies? Or, what aft cabins will connect balconies?
We are traveling with a group of several cabins, and were wanting to try and link a couple of those larger balconies together if we could.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:31 PM

Recently we were wondering the same thing so called Carnival and they looked up the rooms we were interested in and they did conect. You should call Carnival and ask whomever you speak to and they should be able to tell you.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:59 AM

Hi Joni, I can't find any Info saying that the dividers between the balconies cannot be taken down outside. The cabins themselves do not connect within the cabin with a door. I would do as Cassandra recommended and call again to make sure about the balcony divider part.

Best wishes,

Dwayne
Old 03-31-2008, 03:00 PM

I found some photo's on webshots of the cabins in question, and the balconies do in fact connect. But, since then the Victory has been refurbished.....do you think that would make a difference??
2 times now my PVP has told me they won't connect., so I forwarded him the webshot photo of the cabins with the dividers opened....hope I didn't offend him. Just trying to grab those L-shaped cabins, and take advantage of the balconies connecting to have us a huge deck!
Old 04-01-2008, 04:33 AM

Joni, I had to call the higher ups about another question last night and mentioned this. In fact the balconies do not connect for some odd reason. 6451 will connect with 6447, 6459 will connect with 6461.

Please verify this though, as they may have some conflicting info. It wouldn't be the first time.

My very best regards,

Dwayne
Old 04-05-2008, 03:41 PM

Dwayne,

Who exactly do you talk to in higher up positions? As mentioned I have been told by my PVP that these cabins will not connect balconies, but check this photo out from the Victory, with the memo below the photot stating that they are in fact the cabins I am questioning about.
However, this photo was taken before the refurbishing of the ship. Would this make a difference as to whether or not they would still connect after the refurbishing?
I am Sooooo confused!!

Old 04-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Administrator

A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say.

Looking at it from a safety perspective, it is best to have the option to open all the balcony dividers. If a fire or other emergency were to happen, it makes sense for the the crew to have the ability to open all the balcony dividers if they needed to do so.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:25 AM

Joni,

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words as Dave noted. I have no idea why they are saying they no longer connect. I asked someone in another dept., they are usually more highly trained, knowledgeable, and have access to more info. They gave me the same answer that your PVP gave. "6451 and 6459" balconies will not connect about the dividers.

Maybe this could be flexible depending on the booking or something? Confused as well.

Dwayne
Old 04-06-2008, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say.

Looking at it from a safety perspective, it is best to have the option to open all the balcony dividers. If a fire or other emergency were to happen, it makes sense for the the crew to have the ability to open all the balcony dividers if they needed to do so.
I sort of think of it in a different way concerning the security aspect. Having that many balconies open together could result in a large private party and trouble happening that doesn't have security supervision.

Just my take on why they might have done this if it is true.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, balconies, balcony, cabins, carnival, connect, connecting, cruise, divider, dividers, doors, picture, room, ship, victory