Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2005, 03:52 PM

For our 6th anniversary my wife and I will be sailing the Valor next month. I was thinking of having a celebration dinner at Scarlett's. Two questions: 1) Can I make reservations when I get aboard the ship or should I do it now? 2) Are the supper clubs all that different than the dining rooms? Is the food and atmosphere worth the extra money? I appreciate your feedback!

RHamilton
Old 09-20-2005, 05:04 PM

RHamilton,

while I haven't been on "Carnival Valor" yet, I had a wonderful dinner in "Carnival Liberty's" supper club two months ago. Service was great and the food very good, but the presentation topped everything and was perhaps the best I have ever encountered on a ship. What I didn't like was the almost "karaoke-style" music that was being played. However, I have heard from others who have been to the supper clubs on other Carnvial ships that they enjoyed fitting dinner music, instead.

As far as reservating is concerned, do so after embarkation and you should be fine.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-20-2005, 06:16 PM

We went to the Emerald Room on the Carnival Glory and is was definitely worth the extra $50 for two. Not at all like the dining room. I did not want to go on a formal night because I enjoy dressing up and we dressed up again to go there. I got lobster that night and it was twice the size of the dining room. The presentation of the desserts was that of a five star restaurant and I was really amazed. Great wines and other extras that there was not in the dining room. The music there was subtle and not over bearing at all. I am going on the Valor with my husband in April and if there
s is as good as The Glory's we will go Two nights.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 09-20-2005, 06:51 PM

I just got off the Valor on Sunday, the 18th. Had dinner one night at Scarletts. Food quality was better than in the regular (Washington or Lincoln) dining rooms, but service was a bit slow for my taste. Dinner took about three hours to complete. Food quality was very good. Two steps above the regular swill. Menu in Scarlett's is limited to steaks, lobster, surf amd turf and a few other items. The presentation was the high point of the dinner. Very good grade of china and cutlery with constant changing of dishes at each course. Our table received complimentary extra soup or appitiser items and small glasses of champaign. Don't know if this was their norm or not. There was a two piece group, man and woman , who both sang and played, mostly popular oldies. Desert was very good and, again, presented elaborately. For $30 per person,with no tax or extra tip to pay, it wasn't a bad deal...but only once. I wouldn't care to do it every night.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carnvial, club, cruise, dinner, dinning, mo, scarlett, scarlette, scarletts, ship, stover, super, supper, suppur, valor, valour