Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2006, 02:57 AM

Hey, hey Pagan and all... Indeed the good Lord taketh my cruise mate, but He giveth a brand
new beginning for me & my family. During the sad moments, I've coined the phrase: There's no time to feel, sorry, sad & grieve... when there are so many caring FunFrenzFamily who give. The Lord grants us with daily blessings as if He's saying: "Live today as if it's the beginning of the rest of your life".

Thanks to your uplifting testimonial, Pagan. Hey, we'll hook up someday along with the other posters. Echoing your sentiments, my 110 FunFrezFam Nov. cruisers responded to my email call & will be sharing their FUN. Dance cruisin, we'll do! We'll get the electric/cha cha slide goin', hula hips shakin', bump n'grindin' & we be jammin' to frenzy.

If I may suggest to the new cruisers, don't hold back on krooz FUN. Start the cruisers' laughter at the long embarkation line. See the crazee congaline? Join it cause nobody knows you. The fellow cruisers will only know you as one livin' la vida loca. And why not? Besides, cardio dancercizin' is one fun way to unload the cruise calories.

As we all have found out at our respective cruises, it's always amazing to experience new relationships with newfound friends from near & faraway lands. As evident with the upbeat posts, cruising enhances one's fresh new perspective on life. As advised extensively, we penny-pinch & find ways to save, then we extravagantly blow it all with friends and the numerous pricey & life-enhancing cruises that we're all addicted to. Truly enigmatic, isn't it?

With all the lavish cruise ambiance, amenities & world-class service, WE, including Island Cruz, cruizinallthetime, Larry in Miami, Cruise Fanatic, annies, tanyababanya, JimC, richjester, fivepoints & others are all like millionaires-in-training. We deserve it, don't we?
Old 11-01-2006, 07:27 AM

I see nothing wrong with being spend thrifty. I didn't purchase a soda card because I don't really drink alot of pop but what I did do was when we were at PAnama, I purchased a whack of booze for gifts for my relatives and a 2.5 litre bottle of Pepsi at the grocery store on shore. I walked onto the ship and the security guard who was standing at the scanner said "over to the table please." I walked over and around the corner to where the table was supposed to be, found it EMPTY. Noone taking my alcohol! Wooohooooo "FREE FOR ALL I SAY!" Just kidding all...... But! What I did do was get back off the ship and went back to the grocery store and picked up a bottle of vodka, and a couple of bottles of BLoody Caesar Mix. walked back on the ship, and once again saw Noone at the table.... away I went. Up to my room for a nice homemade drink in my room. I didn't carry the drinks up on deck with me. I didn't get loaded off that bottle in one night and then hit every port to smuggle drinks on, I JUST WANTED a drink that I made myself while sitting in my room watching a bit of TV before dinner. Nothing wrong with that at all. Also, I purchased that 2.5 litre of pepsi, Didn't even finish it though it was nice after the day was through to have a nice glass of pepsi. Nothing wrong with that too. Yes I could have ordered room service to bring me down one glass of soda, but holy moly! Why would I get a waiter to run down to my cabin for that.... (I saved that for all the room service we ordered!!!) P.S Please tip the guy a few bucks when getting room service! They don't make alot of money from Carnival (From what the Stateroom Steward told my husband and I)

Have a great day and I look forward to this forum everyday!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:20 PM

You know Tracy I don't see any harm in doing just that. Some people do not do it to scam or cheat but to have the luxury of being able to pour your own drink your own way and sip on it in your cabin. We go to all inclusives every year and I always buy a bottle through duty free and I go to the store and buy cans of diet coke and bottles of water to keep in my room....its all free at the resort but I don't always want to be hanging around the bar....well..ok but not while I'm getting ready to go out . And there is nothing like a caeser to start the night. SO I say do whatever and enjoy every minute of your cruise cause it doesn't last long.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 11-03-2006, 06:54 AM

I forgot what a rollicking good time the Carnival boards are. Name calling, retorts, forgiveness, togetherness, support- all in one thread.

I snuck Vodka on board the Elation in tiny water bottles that the airline handed out. I mixed it with the free lemonade on a few nights. When the cruise was over, I handed the left over couple of bottles to the cabin steward.

Theft? I guess so. Am I a thief? Guess so.

Carrying soda on board seems like a bit MUCH. I don't know what it is with Carnival people in particular- everyone wants to bring things on board. Box fans, soda, pens, inflatable baby pools... Even things which would easily be considered "souvenirs," like the pens, lanyards, paper, foreign money, drink glasses, etc.

Oh well! Thanks for the interesting read.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:57 AM

Well I bought a bottle of soda while in Panama, the only reason I did that was so we could enjoy a drink in our room (Which was down on the 200 level) couldn't be bothered trucking upstairs and using up a half hour to get one glass of soda. Now seeing the way Carnival is, and everything, I don't suggest to anyone to buy a case of pepsi and lug that on. Too much of a hassle. Just stop in port, and pick up a jug. So much easier.!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, cabin, creative, cruise, giving, leftover, soda, stewards, things