Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
Oh oh; just noticed we have a new guru amongst us. But then, we've always known that f-mattox was a cruise guru in an experienced cruiser's suit; right?!
A hearty ditto on the acknowledgement of the guru, from Chef Ken. f-mattox, I am glad you are still talking to us "newbies?"

...and of course to stay on point, balcony, veranda or anything else you want to call it is a never turn back move.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:53 PM

I've done the balcony thing and found for the amount of time you spend sitting on the balcony thinking about what a good choice it was to spend the extra $$ for it ...well not worth it
go cheap go twice
Old 03-23-2007, 06:46 PM
That's why Crown Princess has no less than 34 catagories of cabins--something for everybody.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:13 PM

Congrats also f-mattox!

I have been in 5A on Inspiration but on Empress deck. A little bouncy, but not too bad at all on that class of ships. For the same price as inside I liked the portholes. I go as cheap as I can too, as f-mattox said they have something for everybody.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Banned

To each his own; that's the beauty of cruising. We each get enjoyment out of different features. To me, I'll take the quality over quantity. Part of my restoration comes from sitting on the balcony with my best friend, watching the sun come up, or go down, and a satisfying beverage; a nice hearty cup of coffee with the sunrise, and a nice, hearty cabernet or petit syrah with the sunset. I even enjoy my 11 and 15 year old boys interrupting our serenity and joining us on the balcony. Veeeerrrry special. That's not to say I'm right and everybody in an inside cabin is wrong; it's just right for me.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:22 AM

Hey Chief, that sounds like a great day to me. To each their own, I get some tea up on the deck really early and quiz them about the menu for the day.

Ain't no right or wrong way to enjoy a cruise
Old 04-04-2007, 12:09 PM

I'm balcony spoiled as well. Always an oceanfront motel while on land vacations too!! Then again, i'm the baby of the family and my Daddy always spoiled me!! (so my hubby says)
Old 04-05-2007, 08:18 PM

Trese,
Nothing wrong with bing the baby of the family and spoiled by Daddy...I appreciate the wisdom of you all..My husband, and best friend are embarking on our first cruise together in September on the Carnival Glory...we have decided to go with the Balcony...Its taken me 20 years to get him on a cruise ship..I want him to enjoy every minute so he will want to go again next year! When I was in high school we had inside cabins and that was fine for then...but want to experience more now.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:30 PM

dbug, good for you!

Heck, when I was in high school I could not have even imagined a cruise or knew what is was.

I guess is why I am happy to cruise inside and outside when I can. To each his own, and sometimes it is just economics.

All I do in my cabin is sleep "etc." and shower, I am not in there enough to justify 3 times the cost. It all comes down to priorities and what you want to have a great time.

No worries, He will be hooked after his first cruise. I mean in a good way
Old 04-06-2007, 01:27 PM

Do the port hole windows open? It seems I've seen a pic someone had posted, and it looked like they could be opened.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, carnival, cruise, deck, decks, good, inspiration, line, porthole, revera, riveira, rivera, room, rooms, ship