Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Yes, I go to airliners.net often. Bush is in the plant right now getting the 50 cent tour. They took him to the control room to backslap and gladhand with the unit operators. They are now headed for the LiveWell Center which has been set up for the podium and his remarks. This is where the 100 employees will be. An aside....they were told to dress like it was a regular workday because they don't want this staged event to look like a staged event. Some anti-nuke protesters and other whackos are down the road from the plant with signs.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Live streaming coverage here.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:43 PM

Thanks, that works well.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Administrator

He gave a good speech. I saw lots of my friends in the audience afterwards, getting autographs. I feel quite ashamed at this point about my whining over the past couple days.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Banned

"whackos," as in bushwhackos?

Dave, you can whine as much as you want...besides, it's gotta rub off having to listen to all the whiners here! It's a joke, people, don't whine to Dave about it.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:33 PM

Hi Cynthia i'm afraid u going to get a lot of drinks to keep him "happy,everytime u go out and u come back onboard the ship security is going to make u pass trough metal det.!That's a security issue on bord the vessels!Belive me I know....i'm working on bord!
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia C:
Are you required to go through metal detectors when you board the ship? Like the ones at the airport.

I ask because my husband has metal implanted in his body that sets off the airport detectors and causes many problems and makes him very cranky. Although I have informed him that he IS going to get on a plane in January because he IS going on a cruise with me (specifically on the Spirit) and he IS going to have fun... if he has to go through a metal detector every time we board the ship I may have to cancel any excursions and just keep him on the ship. Or spend significant amounts of money keeping him supplied in margaritas. There is nothing crankier than a husband who must sit in a glass cage while being patted down for fifteen minutes.

Back to the question... Please tell me there are no metal detectors on board... (fingers crossed)!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:42 PM

Hi GinoTheSailor! The metal detector itself doesn't bother him, it is whatever process is used after that to determine that he does indeed have metal in his hips, and not a dangerous object in his pocket. Can you tell me if his gold "Metal in Body" card will suffice, or if he has to have several pat-downs, or if they really go all out and bring over managers and officials to do a strip search? He understands that they have to check, but the longer the process takes the more cranky he becomes. Do you have any idea what will happen when the detector goes off? And Thanks!!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:47 PM

Mi advice is to take with u any certificate or any documents to prove first time his medical condition and i'm sure is not going to "strip".Have fun!
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia C:
Hi GinoTheSailor! The metal detector itself doesn't bother him, it is whatever process is used after that to determine that he does indeed have metal in his hips, and not a dangerous object in his pocket. Can you tell me if his gold "Metal in Body" card will suffice, or if he has to have several pat-downs, or if they really go all out and bring over managers and officials to do a strip search? He understands that they have to check, but the longer the process takes the more cranky he becomes. Do you have any idea what will happen when the detector goes off? And Thanks!!

Closed Thread

Tags
board, boarding, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruises, detecting, detector, detectors, lines, machine, metal, norwegian, ray, royal, security, ship