Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 09:37 AM

I am booked on Carnival Victory 15th September on a Canada New England cruise. Now i am not a party pooper but if the ship is full of drunks running about late at night or having noisy parties in cabins i will absolutely HATE IT!!! I am in a Penthouse category 12 on deck 7. I do hope i have avoided school holidays and chosen a cruise away from the caribbean which breeds party party party. I really just want a relaxing time to do what i want to do and not party when i feel like it.But to be involved in one big party 24/7 would drive me insane and i would probably get off at the first port.Please can people reassure me as i have until July 1st to cancel for full refund
Old 06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
I would think a mid-September Canada/New England cruise would be quite tame.

But from the way you talk, it sounds to me like Holland America might be a better fit for you.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:42 AM

I've been on the Victory for their Canada cruises. The crowd tends to be older, because the younger crowd wants to go to the Caribbean. Even so, when you are in a penthouse, you are far enough away from the party area that you'll be fine. Remember that Carnival is the FUN SHIPS so don't exactly expect the tea and crumpet crowd either. But You shouldn't expect drunks running the halls and puking in the elevators either.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:47 PM

garyg - I love to cruise in September. Most kids - elementary, high and college have all just started their new school year and no one is thinking "vacation" so it a time of less children.

I have been on the Victory in the Caribbean and on other Carnival Ships in the Caribbean. While I will say that I have a great time on Carnival, I have never seen it as a "party ship". I would imagine any ship sailing in April with spring breakers might be crazy or in the summer with families the ship might have lots of children.

IMHO - September is prime cruising month for me.

Have a great time

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 06-06-2007, 12:49 PM

I was on the Victory a few weeks ago in the Caribbean. We had a balcony cabin on Deck 10 and it was very quiet. Yes, there were partiers on the ship, but because we didn't spend a lot of time in the bars or around the pool during prime 'party' times, we didn't really see them. We had a very relaxing week.

It's a big ship. As long as you don't get partiers right next door, you should be okay. And I would think that being in a suite would really help reduce the odds of that happening anyway.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

Garyg, I agree with f-mattox and Steve. All schools are back in session then. Heck, September 15th is the second week of school here in the Northeast. No one should even think of having their child(ren) on any sort of trip that week.
You're in a fine category on the ship and the rooms/doors are soundproofed fairly well. You shouldn't have any disturbance issues.
Although, remember, Carnival is the Fun Ship.

A'ndrea
Old 06-06-2007, 07:08 PM

Carnival carries more Senior citizens than any other cruise line. The average age of Carnival cruisers is 47. There is no reason you shouldn't have a wonderful time.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:56 AM
Banned

Carnival has come a long way in the last few years. They used to be the party ships, now that honor has gone to RCCL.Carnival is calling itself the funships now. I think you will have a wonderful time. Most of this wild behavior that you hear about takes place on the 3-4 day cruises. We have sailed Carnival several times the last few years and are very happy with them. I would go with an open mind and I think you will be fine..
Old 06-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by thomas stanton:
Carnival has come a long way in the last few years. They used to be the party ships, now that honor has gone to RCCL.Carnival is calling itself the funships now. I think you will have a wonderful time. Most of this wild behavior that you hear about takes place on the 3-4 day cruises. We have sailed Carnival several times the last few years and are very happy with them. I would go with an open mind and I think you will be fine..
Not sure I agree with that statement about RCCL from what I understand from many of my friends and family members RCCl has not gone to the party animal type crowd.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-07-2007, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Gary, we were on Carnival Victory to Canada last July, and had no issues with partiers or other disruptive pax. As others have said, this itinerary tends to draw an older crowd, and we did not see many kids, even in the summer. The ship offers a nice balance of fun and relaxation. We enjoyed the excitement of the sailaway party, the high energy shows, and even the karaoke -- and I also spent a good deal of time reading in the library (along with other pax) and enjoying a deck chair on the quiet promenade on Deck 3.

For this trip, the itinerary is the real draw.

For perspective, we were also on Celebrity (Caribbean) and NCL (Bermuda) last year, and our next two cruises will be on Celebrity and Princess. I would most definitely repeat our Carnival Victory cruise if the opportunity arose.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, crowd, cruise, glory, parties, party, ship, valor, wild, younger