Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2006, 09:36 AM

Wondering if anyone had a room on the second floor on the valor that is an ocean view? I have never been that low on any cruise and I was wondering if you could feel the boat moving that much or if it's no big deal to be that low.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:01 PM

I have not been on the 2nd deck on the Valor, but on my second cruise 11-12 years ago, we were on the 3rd deck in an oceanview cabin. I didn't feel the movement any more on that deck than on any other deck. . . and that was on a smaller ship than the Valor is.

Someone once told me to take a pen and hold it on the tip with the other tip on the table. Move the pen from side to side, and that will resemble the movement of the ship. You'll note that the part of the pen closer to the table doesn't move as much as the tip you are holding. You can deduce, therefore, that the cabins on the lower decks would feel the movement less than those on the upper decks.

Also, remember that the Valor is a large ship with stabilizers, so, unless the seas are particularly choppy, you probably won't feel too much movement.

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 06-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Charley-After 24 years of cruises on many ocean going vessels I feel I can safely say that the higher up you are the more likely it is that you will have and/or feel the gentle rocking of a sea voyage. It is very pleasant and totally relaxing-one of the reasons people love cruising! You should experience a most pleasant voyage!

Closed Thread

Tags
2nd, back, carnival, ccl, cruise, deck, floor, floors, ocean, oceanview, room, ship, upper, valor, view