Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 03:22 PM

Can anyone tell me if you can lock the room safe with your room/paypass card? Or do you have to use a credit card or drivers licence? Thanks!
Old 12-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Every time I've had a safe with a key card lock, it has specifically said to not use your cruise card. Not sure why, but I never wanted to challenge it and try. Are you sure your ship has this type of safe? Some have the safes which use a numeric code.

For the ones with the key card lock, we usually use a gas credit card since all they want is a magnetic strip with an encoded number on it.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:09 PM

this is what we do when we are on a ship with the card type safe. we take an old gift card the kind with the metalic strip and we use it...that way if i lose my room key no one can get in my safe...works for us
Old 12-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
hat way if i lose my room key no one can get in my safe...works for us
Ah! That is why they say to not use your cruise card. Duh! I should have realized it.

That is an excellent idea. We have old gift cards sitting around, I have no doubt. I know I have a couple of Lowe's cards with a no money left on them. Thanks for that great input Macmom.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:06 PM
I Just got off the Splendor and they are not using the credit card locks on the safe. You pick your own 4 digit code and lock the safe with that. You can change the code each time you lock the safe if you want. It really worked well.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 12-17-2008, 08:45 PM

Larry is right... perhaps I am not privy to other ship's safes. I always enter a four-digit code and the safe locks or unlocks...
Old 12-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
Larry is right... perhaps I am not privy to other ship's safes. I always enter a four-digit code and the safe locks or unlocks...
This is the first time I have seen this type of safe (4 digit code), I have been on 11 of Carnival's ships.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 12-18-2008, 02:23 AM

Quote:
I Just got off the Splendor and they are not using the credit card locks on the safe. You pick your own 4 digit code and lock the safe with that. You can change the code each time you lock the safe if you want. It really worked well.
Welcome back Larry!

Hope you had a great time!

It has always been the magnetic strip cards, or a key issued on the older ships. Thanks for this Info about the Splendor.

For the magnetic strip card safes I always use a gift card or my DL. With my history of losing Sail & Sign cards it only makes sense. This is another reason they quit putting cabin numbers on the cards. The four digit safes will be a lot easier for people sharing the safe.

Dwayne
Old 12-18-2008, 05:29 AM

an old lowes gift card is what we use. and we leave it in the room in the pocket of something in the closet...with all the clothes we take someone would have to know right where it is at to find it.
we have had the numbered safes too. both are just as easy to use.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:37 AM

I really prefer the ones you enter your number. If you're not smart, like macmom, and leave it in the room somewhere, it's hard to find the other party to get the card at times. I was trying to get money out of the safe to gamble without my hubby knowing I had already lost my allotment for the evening. It didn't work, he had the dang card Oh well, he knows I lose too much

Closed Thread

Tags
card, carinval, carnical, carnival, code, credit, cruise, freedom, ncl, reviews, room, rooms, safe, safes, ship, triumph