Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2005, 08:08 AM

I'm going on the Imagination on November 3rd. Since this is our first cruise, I'm wondering do we need to get insurance coverage? What is it for exactly? I don't think the group we are going with buy it, but, I just want to make sure we are covered if something happens!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:19 AM

Deputy,
Definitely purchase trip protection insurance. Delayed flights, missed connections, lost or delayed luggage, accidents, emergency medical conditions are all possibilities that may occur. You want to protect yourself and your vacation investment from these and other unforeseen circumstances. After extensive research, there is an excellent article Tom Ogg wrote for CruiseReviews that may provide more details as to why it is so important. Here is the link:
http://www.cruisereviews.com/Insurance.htm

If you have any questions after reading the article - let us know.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-04-2005, 02:41 PM

We insure
Lives
Health
Car
Apartments
Homes
For some this is a major investment...Imho
Jefft
Old 08-06-2005, 10:12 AM

Hey Deputy
I've been on 4 cruises and found it alot cheaper to go thru Travel Guard to get my Insurance. I saved over a $100 for 3 people vers going with Carnivals insurance plan. I don't know if they are any better, but that's money I can use somewhere else on my trip. Regaurdless of who you choose to get insurance from, I would highly recommend it. You never know what might happen before or during your cruise.
Good Luck and Hope you enjoy your first as much as I have my 4 going on 5th in September.
Devin
Old 08-06-2005, 10:32 AM

THANKS EVERYONE, WE WILL BE GETTING INSURANCE BEFORE WE GO. ANY OTHER ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. CRUISE-CHAT IS GREAT FOR GETTING INFO.

THANKS DEPUTY
Old 08-12-2005, 02:06 PM

We scheduled our first cruise last year with friends that cruise every year. We didn't purchase insurance Per their advice and experience. We were scheduled to leave with Royal Carribean. Ivan hit right before our date to depart. The ship was going as scheduled and still stopping at the same ports. Ivan had devestated the places that we were supposed to see. Our friends had to cancel due to illness and we didn't want to spend our vacation getting sea sick in rough waters, (another hurricane coming) and we didn't want to be tourist in places that Ivan had wiped out. We lost $2500.00! We couldn't believe that the ship was still sailing. They said that they'd lost too much money already due to storms. They said that we'd be right behind Ivan and ahead of the next. Our decision was based on the fact that only God knew for sure how fast either of those storms would get where they were going. We are not happy about losing the money. Still would have made the same decision. EXEPT WE WOULD HAVE PURCHASED INSURANCE! We're scheduled this year on Carnival. Same friends. We all bought insurance.

Closed Thread