Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2006, 07:19 PM

We will be going on our first cruise this July. Just wondering if anyone else out there is going on July 15th on the Ecstasy? Would be interested in finding out what to expect.

We are excited and hoping to meet new people!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:00 AM

Bring plenty of sunscreen, sun glasses, and smiles. You'll have great food, great fun and one of the best vacations ever. We have to wait until October for our cruise, sure wish we were going with y'all!! If there is something specific we can answer, please let us know. Have a wonderful time!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:05 AM

and don't put the whistle in your mouth during the Life Boat drill

Also it is a good idear (Im from NY) to put a towel between you and the Life Jacket... atleast around the neck area...I developed a rash on my first cruise around the neck area from the life jacket... they are not cleaned...and every time this ship goes out someone is sweating on it for atleast 20 minuets

Just a Thought
Old 06-26-2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrOctober:
and don't put the whistle in your mouth during the Life Boat drill

Also it is a good idear (Im from NY) to put a towel between you and the Life Jacket... atleast around the neck area...I developed a rash on my first cruise around the neck area from the life jacket... they are not cleaned...and every time this ship goes out someone is sweating on it for atleast 20 minuets

Just a Thought
That is gross! I never thought about that - UGH!!! But then, it's better than drowning I suppose.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:03 AM

Hey, Obie! The Ecstasy was my first ship to work on for Carnival. That ship has just recently taken over the Elation's run. Depending if you're on a 4 day or a 5 day cruise, your ports of call are really great, especially for your 1st cruise. Hints include- try and do everything you can! Get involved! I've been working for Carnival for 3 years and I've been on 4 ships (I'm a karaoke host) and one thing I've heard throughout my career is how much more fun people have when they get involved with the activities. Music trivia, tv theme show trivia, line dancing, shipboard Survivor (yeah, just like the tv series!), men's hairy chest competition(sorry, guys only need participate!),the ever popular BINGO, and that's just to name a few! Midnight buffets, Las Vegas style shows, Captain's Cocktail Party(drinks are free there!),deck party, Salsa night and guest talent show night! I could go on and on! Your cruise will be basically what you make of it. Remember, you're there for a good time, not a long time. Get out and enjoy yourself. I hope to read about your trip later on. Happy sailing! Robbie Sunshine (aka-Boston Rob
Old 06-30-2006, 09:16 PM

Thanks for all the great advice. Our trip is 2 weeks away and we are very excited
We have managed to get in contact with others who are going on the same cruise via other message boards. Going to be great to meet new people. We plan on getting involved in as much as we can.
Thanks, too, for the advice about the life jackets...my wife is bringing along antibacterial wipes to use before we put them on.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:30 PM

Hey Obie....I am excited to hear how it goes...we are going on the Ecstasy in September...any tips/pointers are greatly appreciated!
Old 07-07-2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Obie:
We will be going on our first cruise this July. Just wondering if anyone else out there is going on July 15th on the Ecstasy? Would be interested in finding out what to expect.

We are excited and hoping to meet new people!
obie have fun , the dates getting closer.i hope no hurricane come your way. last year cindy was headed inland and dennis was really close.it turned at the last moment to the north.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

Have a great time.

I always take about $50 in one dollar bills for tipping. (room service etc)

Remember that you have order as much to eat at dinner as you would like. Want 2 lobster..go for it. Want no salad and two appetizers...have at. Whatever your heart desires. At dinner, you will have to let your wait staff know that you want ice tea. Otherwise they just pour water. Expresso and cappis that cost on deck are free after meals..so wait and enjoy them then.

Since I am a karaoke addict, I always "treat" my karaoke host to the drink of their choice every night as a way to say "Thanks for feeding my addiction".

The spa is open to everyone. There are saunas in there and great multi-head showers. They do not cost anything. The only things that cost at the spa are items that require someone to perform a task. (which makes sense)

But the best advice is to pack a good "roll with the flow" attitude and ...

Happy Cruising!!
Old 07-10-2006, 09:20 AM

Those are great pointers LHP...thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
boston, chest, ecstasy, hairy, rob, ship, time