Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2006, 07:53 AM

Hi everyone! I got the job on Carnival as a Youth stuff. I been working with kids for a 3 years and I love that job, but Im a little scare how will it be there... Can smb. tell me smth.
Tnx
Old 06-15-2006, 02:56 PM

Im sure the youths wont be any different than the ones youve been dealing with for three years.

Stuffing youths is pretty much the same where ever you stuff them On or off the Ship.
I'm just Glad mine are grown now and I can Cruise alone.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:21 PM

First of all I would learn to call a ship a "ship" not a "boat". Some people are funny about that. Just keep a positive attitude.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:27 PM

Hi, congrats on your new job. I am just curious, have you been on a cruise before? Have you talked to crew members about what it is like? Do they tell you what your work schedule is, how many days off a week, etc.... before you agree? I am just curious. My step son is talking about working on a cruise ship, how old do you have to be? Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-16-2006, 01:50 AM

Thank you Lil" Lori! Im from Croatia..hope you heard about it : I have never been on a cruise before..but, for everything there is a first time.
I talked to a lot of people who went to work there as a waiters, shop ***.. You work about 10 hours a day, but you have enough time to have fun, to see smth. and meet new people. I think that the age limit is 21-30..
Old 06-16-2006, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
First of all I would learn to call a ship a "ship" not a "boat". Some people are funny about that. Just keep a positive attitude.
I appologize for that mistake, it won`t happen again!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:39 AM

Well, at least you have an idea what it is like. I think you have a wonderful job, with lots of different activities. You will be having fun with kids, doing stuff inside and outside, and in different parts of the boats. So, at least you will have a daily variety. I think I would go crazy, just working inside all day, every day, like in the spa or bar, dining rooms. How long is your contract? Try to start calling it a ship, not a boat. She is way to big to be a boat, plus they are beautiful like a ship, not cute like a boat. Good luck, Lil' Lori

Old 06-16-2006, 10:35 AM

My contract lasts for 6 months..than I can sign a new one for another 6 months. Im excited and looking forward to have a new experience. P.s. sorry again for that "boat - ship" issue!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:46 AM

Thats ok, about the ship-boat issue. At least you speak 2 languages, I only speak 1. What ship are you on? Lil' Lori

Old 06-17-2006, 12:34 AM

I`m studying also Italian and speak some of German language. I hope that it would also help me on a ship. I still don`t know what ship am I going to, but will find out in a month (after I fix all the papers). Btw. You are first American that I met over internet and I must say that you look very friendly and polite. Thank you for encouraging me on my way

Closed Thread

Tags
boat, cruises, kids, reviews, working