Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2006, 09:29 PM

Hey everybody! sorry i haven't spoken to any of you for awhile, been busy planning my wedding! I will be married on the second of december! very excited! Can't wait for our cruise ( we leave on december 4th). We are bringing cash for the sign and sail, but should i bring my debit card also? And will the debit card be charged that day or will there be a hold?

GO BUCKEYES!!! BUCKS 42 Michigan 39!
Fiesta Bowl Bound!!!
Old 11-18-2006, 11:13 PM

Congrats LenardM !

Yes you should bring your Debit Card if you have funds available you might want to use for shopping etc.

I want to make a suggestion not to bring all in cash, but Traveler's Checks. Put your minumum deposit down using those. If you go over they will let you know. If you put in too much, and don't get settled you will have to wait for a refund check.

Another way, which is even better is to get a pre-loaded visa/mc, or Amex the best card, for a little over your deposit amount and secure your account with it. If you go over, you can go and pay at the desk, if you don't the funds will be available above the deposit amount.

If you use a Debit card to secure your account, it will not be charged that day. However, a Hold for the amount will be placed which is the same as funds not available, as they are reserving those funds. I think this is where alot of people get confused.

Best to you, and those Rascally Buckeyes!

IslandCruz
Old 11-19-2006, 05:36 PM

thanks for the reply, can you also tell me the cash deposit requirement? and how much is good to bring altogether?
Old 11-19-2006, 09:32 PM

When I was on the Glory in October, ( 7 days ). I out 200 on my s&s card. That was almost enough for the week for the 2 of us. The refund check is placed under your door, or in the mailbox outside your door on the last night. So its not a big thing to wait for. The check is from Bank of America, lots of them to cash it at if you need to.

I think the minimum was 200 per person for a 7 day. We only set up the 1 card as I was the one who would sign for everything anyway.

Hope that helps.

Tim
Old 11-20-2006, 03:46 AM

5-8 day cruise is $200 deposit. So glad to hear they are giving the immediate refund checks now. Thanks Tim! And welcome to Cruise-Chat!

IslandCruz
Old 11-20-2006, 04:06 AM

Instead of bringing your Debit card with you ..why don't you go ahead and send it to me. I will watch it closely for you while you are on your cruise
Old 11-20-2006, 06:42 PM

IslandCruz, is that 200 per person or 200 total? MrOctober, I truly believe you would "watch it" for me!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:52 PM
A note about pre loaded credit cards. We were on the Conquest Feb 05. My daughter got an Am Ex card and put $1,000 on it. When she gave it to the agent at the port they said they do not accept them and directed her to an ATM machine. She could only get $200.00 per day out of the ATM so every other day she paid a visit to the ATM and of course incurred fees.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:03 AM

LenardM,
Is $200 per person.

Sandee,
I am sorry to hear that. I will no longer suggest that as another option. It does not make alot of sense though.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:23 PM

ok, thanks IslandCruz. Just wondering how much i need to bring total. Can't believe i'm going on my first cruise! I'm also watching the weather channel to see what the weather will be like next week. Can't wait till they start showing Dec 2 and on!

Closed Thread

Tags
bringing, card, carnival, check, cruise, debit, visa