Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2005, 08:41 AM

Hey, I was wondering if anyone might know the best place to have a balcony cabin on the Carnival Glory? Also, any other inside information (where to dine, where to sit in the dining rooms, shore excursions, etc) would be greatly appreciated. Margi
Old 07-23-2005, 09:47 AM

Margi,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

I returned from a cruise onboard one of "Carnival Glory's" sister ships earlier this week and stayed in a balcony cabin overlooking the stern. IMHO that's a very good location. The balconies are larger than those of standard balcony cabins on the port and starboard sides of the ship, plus they are rarely affected by wind. A slight disadvantage is that they are not 100% private, but the same applies to most of the other cabins as well, as it is possible to look onto many balconies from the open deck above the bridge.

As the ship is not equipped with the latest (but sometimes unreliable) podded propulsion, some vibration might be felt, but it is certainly not much and I didn't find it disturbing at all.

I would suggest having dinner in the Supper Club alternative restaurant at least once during your cruise. On "Carnival Liberty", it was certainly worth the extra charge.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-23-2005, 02:53 PM

We cruised on The Glory in March and our balcony cabin on the 8th floor in the middle of the ship was wonderful.
We dined in The Emerald Room and was Definitely worth the extra money, the wine Guy was outstanding!
We did get up early and walk around the track while the sun was coming up(after coffee in our Pj's on the balcony of course) and we were able to get our chairs and take turns getting breakfast to keep them.(on sea days) we cruised while there were lots of college kids on board for spring break so the chairs DID get taken quickly.
The staff we had was great although they told us a new rotation of staff changed at the end of May. The ship was WONDERFULLY clean and I just saw on another site where their cleanliness rating at a 100.
Never had to wait in line for anything except lunch and pursers desk but neither were long. We booked our excursions on the ship and got the ones we wanted although I wish we had booked the cave tubing now.
Enjoy the ship you will love your time!
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 07-30-2005, 04:16 PM

When can you make a reservation for the Emerald Room? Does it book up quickly?

Thanks

Sandy
Old 07-31-2005, 03:13 PM

After we boarded the ship we looked at the itenary for the week and decided when we wanted to eat then made reservations for things on Monday morning. We were able to get the days we wanted. Make sure you don't book for formal nights because the dining room was really good on those nights. (but.......Coat and Tie is required and cocktail + required for women.) I saw them ask a couple people to leave b/c of how they were dressed. They did it tastefully though and it was VERY WELL publized what the dress code was. ( The desserts were worth dressing up another night!)
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 07-31-2005, 04:34 PM

Thanks Cyndi,

We are also on a balcony on 8th mid ship. We go Dec 3. Can't wait. I see you are from Asheville. We are in Johnson City.

Can't wait!!
Sandy
Old 08-01-2005, 11:00 AM

That's awesome. My parents live right on the other side of the TN line. We go doorbusting in Johnson City the day after Thanksgiving!

You'll love The Glory. Our entire family loved it. After that trip we came home and booked two cruises for this year. Carnival Conquest for spring break "06" and Soverign of the Seas (RC) for Oct.
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996

Closed Thread

Tags
break, carnival, glory, info, informtion, reviews, spring, wwwcarnival