Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 06:08 AM

Anywhere that is far away from children...
Old 08-26-2008, 08:23 AM

We were on the Valor last year and loved our dining experience in Lincoln Room. I loved the pinks and glitzy colors in there, too. I was hoping to be seated at a table of 6 or 8 so that we could have a nice mix of tablemates. We were seated at a table for 4, but there were tables (close) on each side of us. This was a lot of fun. I felt as if we were at a table for 12! It was BF's birthday one night and I pre-ordered a chocolate birthday cake ($10 and absolutely delicious!!) and a bottle of champagne. Our fantastic server, Julia, cut and served the the cake and brought glasses for all 12. Oh, he also was treated to colorful leis and "Happy Birthday" sung by about 8 servers! It was a great experience!
Old 08-26-2008, 06:17 PM

When I booked my cruise, I picked the second seating and a table of eight. How do they seat everyone???? Do they put you names in a hat????This is my first cruise..OR - Can I request to sit with seven single men?????
Old 08-26-2008, 08:17 PM

They never give me the option of table size when booking. I have cruised with several friends before, and small groups. We had them cross reference our booking numbers, and they seated us together. They left out one couple once, so we went to the Maitre'D after boarding and they fixed it.

They've always told me they try to seat singles together and couples together based on age range. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way though.

Dwayne
Old 08-31-2008, 03:12 PM

Well thats good to know. Most of the time I go with the flow. I think you get more suger with honey!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
assigned, carnival, cruise, dinner, position, request, sitting, size, table, time, valor