Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 07:57 AM

I got a senior discount on the Imagination sailing Feb. 26th.
I selected a room mid-ship inside. I was "upgraded" to a 2 port-hole cabin on the main deck, but it's the second cabin (M3) from the front of the ship.
Any draw backs being that far forward?
Thanks In Advance...Hobbs
Old 02-16-2007, 01:25 PM

I stayed in M1 on the FANTASY (sister ship) and I'll tell ya It's a long walk to the elevators,
I have a grnty 1A booked on the Liberty in October and thats the only thing Im worried about.. location or closeness to the elevators really makes a difference for me. there was no "just gonna run back to the cabin for a min" it was a haul.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:31 PM

Hmmm.. depends on what you were upgraded from? Mr October is correct on the elevator thing. Most people don't want to be near the elevators because they think there will be noise, but I don't find that to be the case. I would rather have the convienence of the short walk.

Did you book a gaurantee cateogry cabin or did you pick a cabin and pay that price? Because if they "upgraded" you from a cabin choice, I would question it. (Call themn up and ask them to put you back in midship.. claim you don't like the movement near the bow and that is why you picked a midship cabin.)
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Cabins that far forward can be less than comfortable if the seas get choppy.

I've had several cabins near an elevator lobby and have never had a problem with noise. It is nice to be just a few steps away, rather than making an epic journey to a far off cabin!

Old 02-19-2007, 09:27 PM

Front Portholes can get bouncy for sure. It is odd for them to change a cabin self assigned. It does happen sometimes if the cabin you pick has uppers and only 2 guests booked and they need it. Also if you book a handicap cabin and are not handicapped they will change it if they need it.

If you don't mind walking and being bounced a bit the portholes are nice. Keep also in mind those cabins are not standard in size. I have been in E-10 on Inspiration all the way to Aruba without a problem. Then again have been with portholes on Celebration just to Bahamas and could not stay in the cabin.

Since you are a Senior, I think your original Mid-Ship choice was better. Heck, I am in my 40's and don't like walking that far. Plus to me a cabin is for sleeping and the inside ones are nice and dark, you can't hardly see out the Portholes anyway.

Best to you,
IslandCruz
Old 02-20-2007, 04:54 AM

I agree with Islandcruz. there is absolutly no view out the port hole. with some imagination the lil cubby can be used for some thing's.
I too perfer the Darkness of an Inside Cabin Unless ofcourse There is a chance to have a Balcony. I had a Balcony once and It was the best Cabin
Old 03-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Hi!
Back from our trip and the upgrade went fine.
Double port holes in a recessed rectangle of about 3 feet high X 4 feet wide X 3 feet deep.
Port holes were right at shoulder level, so seeing out was not a problem.
Only draw back was if they used the side thrusters; cabin shook like as earthquake.
Good Ship..had a great time...Hobbs
Old 03-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, dernisky, dwayne, line