Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 01:32 PM

Hi Everyone,

If anyone can help me out here that would be great. Me and two single friends of mine are looking to plan a cruise this summer. We are looking into the New England / Canada cruise for several reasons:

1. We want to leave from New York.
2. It's inexpensive compared to the others (we are in a recession).

My question is, do you reccomend this for three single males (we are between ages 29-32). Please advise. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:46 PM

Welcome to Cruise Chat. You should have a great time on this cruise. The ship proably will have a singles mixer at the beginning of the cruise. If not, you most likely will still meet other singles around the pool and in the lounges.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:46 PM

Hi mistermikeydee, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I recommend a cruise to anyone. It is the best value vacation anyone can take. You and your friends will have a blast! I'd rather do a Caribbean, but that's my preference because I love warm weather and snorkeling. Get busy booking and have a wonderful time! Best wishes and once again, welcome to aboard!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

I assume you mean the Carnival Triumph 4 or 5 night cruise.

It depends on what you expect to get out of a cruise. This itinerary is not about sun and fun and hanging around the pool. If you just want a short getaway then it is fine. The Triumph is a pleasant ship.

Short cruises often attract a younger group, but not always. I'd anticipate an older clientele on average, given the itinerary. You wouldn't be alone in your age group, but then you aren't going to see a partying crowd either - at least not like you'd see on a Caribbean cruise. It will still be fun though and there will probably be plenty of singles aboard.

We are doing an 8-night cruise to New England and Canada in June. A nice thing is since so few ships do this itinerary you will often be the only cruise ship in port, or at most one of two ships.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:17 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat mistermikeydee!

I agree with the others, this should be a nice cruise for you and your friends. They will have a singles get together as Cruise Fanatic noted. There will be plenty to see and do. I am biased though, because I believe a cruise is the best fun-filled value vacation available. Going on a Fun Ship doesn't hurt either.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 03-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Banned

We did this cruise on the Victory in 2007 when they offered the 7 day to Canada and I enjoyed it very much.

Being a 7 day...there was a MUCH older crowd...and it was more like our Alaskan cruise than one of our Caribbean ones.

We did a great pub crawl in Halifax!!!
I discovered Rickards White Citrus beer and it is WONDERFUL. Sadly we can not get it in the States.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:27 PM

Hey guys, thanks to all of you for replyng to me. Dave, your input was very helpful and yes it is the Carnival Triumph (does look like a nice ship)

Personally, yes I would rather do a Carrebian vacation but we are leaning toward the Canada trip for several reasons:

1. Cost is less expensive.

2. We live in New York so we can save money on airfare (as a first time cruiser I thought it would be silly for me to go to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale and pay extra for airfare when I have a port a short ride away).

Yes I would prefer the fun in the sun relaxing by the pool type thing. But ultimately we want to meet people our own age, hence if there is ample enough single people our age looking to hang out, then about 75% of our contemplation is solved!

We'll see.... thanks for your input!
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 PM

There are cruises from New York that go to Bermuda. Although that might not get you any younger of a crowd than the Canada cruise will. I think RCCL does one from New York then gets to St Thomas but that may be a much longer cruise than you can manage.

You never know for sure what the age mix of your cruise will be until you are on it. Especially with the economy the way it is you may find many more people doing the same thing you are planning to save money! Go for it. Even if you don't find a bunch of singles, there is so much to do on a cruise, you will still have fun.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Hi mistermikeydee, and welcome to cruise-chat.com. I've done this cruise twice, once on Carnival Destiny and once on Carnival Victory. (If only I could do Carnival Triumph this year to make it complete.) In any case, it's a nice cruise and you should find a variety of ages onboard during the summer. We also found much to do in the evenings...good entertainment, clubs, bars, etc.

Dave is right in that it is not a cruise for sunning, although it can be warm in Canada, yet there is still plenty to do. If you stop in St. John, you may have the opportunity to ride the Reversing Falls Rapids as one of your excursions.

Enjoy!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:13 AM

mistermikeydee
I am cruising out of NY in Sept and I am very excited, I am however going south on my cruise.

As for the cruise to Canada, I am sure the time of year you would be going will be Beautiful.

I live just outside of Saint John NB and I agree with Lisa, the Reversing Falls ride would be a lot of fun.

Now that I am noticing the cruise ships, and am excited to go on my own cruise in the fall. I plan to drive in to Saint John this summer and be there to watch the cruise ships come into port, perhaps I will see you in Saint John LOL among the thousands

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
03032009, brunswick, carnival, crawl, cruise, itinerary, johns, lines, magic, mixer, pub, reviews, saint, singles, splendor