Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2007, 04:51 PM

Has anyone been on this ship and how was it??? Just wandering if anyone has went out of New York in Sept. and how was the weather?? Was it cool or warm???
Old 01-08-2007, 05:15 PM

I haven't been out of New York in September. Only Jun & July. But I have been on the Miracle. It is a very nice ship. The dining room and Mad Hatter Lounge take a little getting used to, but other than that, I think the ship is nice.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:54 AM

Have not been out of NY, but sailed on the Miracle out of Tampa in October. All in all it is a nice ship, but we did not like it as much as the larger ships like the Glory.

The Miracle only has one main dining room and there was long line every night to get in.
There were not as many activities on sea days as on other ships we have been on.
Also it was the roughest ship we have sailed on. Seas were not that rough but you could feel it almost every day. One night quite a few people got sick. Some of the crew told us that it is due to a combination of this ships height, speed and it being more narrow than other ships.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-09-2007, 05:55 PM

Actually the Miracle is 960 feet long and the Glory 952feet. The Miracle is 105.7 wide and the Glory 116 feet.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:43 PM

Correct, the Miracle is 11 feet longer and 10 feet narrower. Also the gross tonnage of the Miracle is 88,500 compared to the Glory at 110,000.

The Miracle is a much lighter ship.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-11-2007, 06:22 PM

As our cruise and Navy expert Dave Beers says "The actual tonnage of a ship has nothing to do with the actual weight of the ship."
Old 01-12-2007, 01:23 AM

I've cruise out of NY in Oct. one the Destiny. I will be leaving out of NY on the Miracle in August. The cruise in Oct. wasn't bad at all, of course the weather was a little cool when we left but it wasn't to cold to be on deck with just a light jacket or sweater. The cruise itself was well worth the price you pay in Sept/Oct. If it wasn't for my son having to be in school I would be sailing in Sept. also. I have taken him out for a week, but now that he's going into second grade I don't want to take him away from school anymore.
Have a safe and fun cruise.

Deege
Old 01-14-2007, 08:59 AM

Thanks for all you replys but I think we decided to go our of flordia on the glory again.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:56 PM

we went out of NY on the Legend last Sept. even tho it was hurricane season, we had no rough seas and a great time. the miracle is her sister ship and we are going on her on May 3-11....cant wait....i'm glad the Miracle took Legends place in NYC.........Theresa
Old 03-02-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Deege2424:
I've cruise out of NY in Oct. one the Destiny. I will be leaving out of NY on the Miracle in August. The cruise in Oct. wasn't bad at all, of course the weather was a little cool when we left but it wasn't to cold to be on deck with just a light jacket or sweater. The cruise itself was well worth the price you pay in Sept/Oct. If it wasn't for my son having to be in school I would be sailing in Sept. also. I have taken him out for a week, but now that he's going into second grade I don't want to take him away from school anymore.
Have a safe and fun cruise.

Deege

Closed Thread

Tags
august, carnival, cruise, forum, glory, hatter, lounge, mad, miracle, ny, reviews, rough, ships, waters, york