Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 07:24 PM

Just returned from my first cruise on the Destiny out of San Juan , and it was wonderful!Intersted in hearing info from people that have cruised the Western Caribbean .This form was very helpful with my first cruise on the Destiny.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:24 PM

Just returned from my first cruise on the Destiny out of San Juan , and it was wonderful!Intersted in hearing info from people that have cruised the Western Caribbean .This form was very helpful with my first cruise on the Destiny.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Welcome home, 007Linda! I'm so glad you had a great cruise. Did you have a favorite destination?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:45 PM

Our favorite places were Dominica & St Kitts. We went to the falls & did a island tour in Dominica, St Kitts we also did the island tour and went to the fort , Brimsone Hill . We arrived in San Juan 2 days prior to the cruise and did the rainforest hike and just enjoyed the city .we certainly would go back to San Juan.everyone was very friendly and pleasent !
Old 03-16-2008, 12:40 AM

Welcome back Linda!

Glad you had a wonderful cruise on the Destiny and enjoyed the ports.

Dwayne
Old 03-16-2008, 06:38 AM
We too just returned last week from the Destiny. I gave back to the forum by writing a review in here and posted it, but it didn't get posted. Dave said for me to send it to him, and he would see it got on, but it took me an hour to write the first one and I think when we hit send that is it and it has to be written all over again We did have a wonderful time on the cruise and on Dominica went on the Ariel Tram that was very informative of the rainforest, but our favorite was Barbados as we love the warm caribbean waters and on Malibu beach played ALL day in it. Kitts was the most surprizing of what a clean little port it was. I had been reading how poor and dirty Kitts was and that is the fartest from the truth. There we got a taxi that took us completely around the island stopping at all he historical places. The people were so friendly and lots and lots of monkeys.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 03-16-2008, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the feedback, Linda and babydoll. (And, welcome home, babydoll!) I have not been to either Dominica or St. Kitts yet, so will keep your tips in mind should a future cruise take us there. Barbados -- now that's a favorite. By far, the people we met were the nicest of any port, and this is one place I would consider returning to for a land trip.

Baby doll, sorry to hear of your review. I usually type mine in Word or another word processing program so that I have a back-up copy. I'm not exactly one to talk, as I've yet to write a review of my last cruise, which was in July 2007!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the welcome home. How do you type it in word and then post it to the review sight? I think most of the people who said Kitts wasn't worth it must have went on that train ride that didn't see anything but back yards of the poor. By a taxi he went everywhere and being local told you everything. Not all taxi drivers are licensed, even though they have a picture on their card. I used JR taxi service...$20.00 pp He drove the whole circle of the island. Gas there is $5.00. YIKES! All people on every island were just wonderful...all but St Maarten and I found person after person very rude and acting like they didn't even like us rich (to them) ship people there. Free beach in front of the shopping area was nice though.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 03-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Is good to hear a good review of the Carnival Destiny.
so 007Linda you took the "yunke" tour did they told you about the OVNIS stories???
I am looking foward to see st. Kitts
it is expensive buying items and gift there?
Last time I waited for Dominica, but the prices were a little off than what they use to be..
Old 03-16-2008, 01:05 PM

Thank you for the return welcomes.
We took the "yunkie" tour, but they did not mention anything about OVNIS stories . Can you clue me in ?

Closed Thread