Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2006, 04:35 AM

Just got back last night for the worst trip ever. I saved for months to take my family on a cruise to Cozumel (5 tickets). On the second day we were told there were ship problems and we would not be going to Cozumel but to Progresso wich was a great stop. They lied - the beaches were dirty, water was not blue but sandy - the locals beg every 5 seconds for you to buy something on the beach. The whole small town smelled just awful. The entire ship complained - so we were given a $50 credit. wooow. After two days the food tasted the same and lots of people got sick. My advise - never take a cruise - fly !!!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:51 AM

What was the problem with the ship? I've heard nothing but good reviews about this ship lately, the food, service etc. But I guess everyone deserves their own opinion, and we do want your opinion.

What made everyone sick? When you say "lots of people", what do you mean? I haven't heard anything about this on the news.

I have heard however about the Ecstasy being pretty bad about having "problems". I would be VERY disappointed if this happened on my cruise also!

Have you been on this cruise line or ship in the past? And...don't take me wrong please, but are you just being critical of the whole cruise because you didn't get to Cozumel? Believe me...I would be MAD if I had planned a trip for months and then it is taken away!

I ask these things because several people have had a great time in Progresso lately, and most of the people agree that a cruise is what you make of it. Some love it, and some don't. I do have a problem believing that all the food on the ship tasted the same. There is too much to choose from.

Have a great day....sorry your trip was not what you expected, but maybe cruising just isn't for you. You're right about flying though...the only thing the airlines do it get you from one place to the other, and rarely do you not get there!!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by loril3366:
Just got back last night for the worst trip ever. I saved for months to take my family on a cruise to Cozumel (5 tickets). On the second day we were told there were ship problems and we would not be going to Cozumel but to Progresso wich was a great stop. They lied - the beaches were dirty, water was not blue but sandy - the locals beg every 5 seconds for you to buy something on the beach. The whole small town smelled just awful. The entire ship complained - so we were given a $50 credit. wooow. After two days the food tasted the same and lots of people got sick. My advise - never take a cruise - fly !!!
hey i feel for you mam. that sucks everyone should have file a law suit.as for the food ??? i dunno? the sensation have great food. id be ****ed to im not booking the carnival anymore after this crusie there phone people are really rude.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:16 AM

When travelling, I try very hard to look upon the glitches that happen from time to time as part of the adventure of travelling.

That is more difficult, to be sure, when the glitch happens on a vacation that is a dream you've waited for years to come true.

It is a fact, though, that cruises aren't for everyone (hard for some of us to believe! *L*)...I've flown and I've cruised. I love both!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:20 AM

I too just returned from the galveston to cozumel cruise on Nov. 9th. I will say that the entertainment was great. THe food was pretty bland for breakfast and lunch but the dinner was good.
As for the whole change in ports, I think that they never planned on going to Cozumel. They made the announcement on Friday morning but when we received our list of activities on Thursday night it showed our port as being Progresso, Mexico and not Cozumel. I have read many reviews on people never making it to Cozumel. There is absolutely nothing interesting to do in Progresso. Especially if your whole trip was based on water activities like snorkeling or scuba diving. This was my first cruise and I will never cruise with carnival again!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:24 AM

Progresso was a scheduled stop on the itinerary of one of our cruises with Carnival.

I wasn't particularly impressed, either.

But it was, for me, the perfect example of the saying, "A bad day cruising is better than a good day of almost anything else"!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:12 AM

How can Carnival continue to do this?? I've heard of it happening many times now, and excuse me...but that's just crap!! What kind of continous trouble can they be having with the ship, that they can't get it "fixed". I agree, I bet they never intended to go there. But why? Is the ship not to full capacity and it's not to their financial benefit to go? And...what does the tourism industry...shops etc...think of them doing this on a regular basis?? Every time Cozumel is skipped, their tourist industry loses money.

What happens to the excursions already booked and paid for at Cozumel?? What does Carnival do about that? If they do this on our upcoming cruise....I will never cruise with them again either! If they lose enough business, maybe they will stop rearranging our vacations for us!

Carolyn & Lori, I hate this happened to you both! I know you must be so disappointed! They sure owe you more than a $50.00 credit! Have you called Carnival and complained about this?
Old 11-14-2006, 09:59 AM

The exact same thing happened to us on our 9/28-10/2 cruise ... for some reason on the 4 day cruise, the ship seems to develop problems - strange but when they get back into port for the 5 day cruise (with a planned stop in Progreso) the ship is miraclously repaired! We had never been to Progreso when it happened to us, so we weren't too upset, but you are right - the shore trips are kinda xxxx ... and after spending the previous month working 60 hours a week, I completely agree with Terri R... I'd rather be cruising ...
Old 11-14-2006, 11:55 AM

Now this will make it interesting to see if we end up in Cozumel or Progresso...either way, It will be fun
Old 11-14-2006, 12:42 PM

So what does happen if you had prepaid for shore excursions and the port is changed.

Closed Thread

Tags
awful, carnival, carolynd2076, cruise, del, do, ecstasy, ectasy, opiniones, problems, progreso, review, stop, sucks, terrible, weird