Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2007, 08:02 PM

We are planning a trip in late March. Of course I am trying to convince everyone to do a cruise, my daughter who is 16 a little skeptical due to a bad experience on the Grand P. Another friend of ours(older) is just against cruising???? They want an all-inclusive. All the all-inclusives I've checked out do not compare to a cruise... as far as I am concerned. Any suggestions which ship (RCL or Carnival or another line) will appeal to a 16 yr old and a way to convince a freaked out 50 yr old who has never cruised, he heard the story of our cruise last year. If not, any suggestions on a good all-inclusive? I need everyones help, or at least Dave's advice.
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 01-04-2007, 02:07 AM

What bad experiance did she have?? You are going to have to detail a little if we are to help..... However I don't think you are going to get everyone to cruise - you seem to have tooo many negatives/complainers so why let them ruin your vacation. You go on a cruise... 16 year old daughter either goes with you or gets no vacation (when she is 18 / 21 and earns her own money she can do as she pleases but until then you are calling the shots!!) as for the others, well they are over 21 they can do as they please....I know family cruises are wonderful but people who don't want to go or go and bitch the whole time are just not worth it!!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Applause! Applause!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:02 AM

Leigh
Leave the kid and the 50 year old and go with me we will have a blast..
Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 AM

Moeve hit the nail right on the head! From what I have read and seen, if you do take the family cruise...Freedom of the Seas would be the ticket. Dave had a great review of it on this site.

Mr.O seems to have the best idea yet!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 01-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Leigh,

I appreciate your confidence in my opinion on this.

A less-than-wonderful cruise can happen to anyone, just as a vacation at an all-inclusive can also be lackluster. One thing worth mentioning to those who want the resort - what if the weather is bad there and for more than one day? I've known people who went to resorts and it rained the whole time they were there. This rarely happens with a cruise. It may rain on one day but be sunny the next as the ship moves on away from the weather system.

Bigger is probably better here, and I'd certainly recommend the Freedom Of The Seas or one of the Voyager class ships. More things to do which might appease everyone.

But the big picture is that you have two camps - one that is already planning on being miserable on the cruise, and one that really won't be satisfied with a resort (you!). I like the previous advice: go on the cruise and tell the others you'll get them McDonald's coupon books, a case of Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn (their kettle corn is good) and some movies to watch while you are away on the ship!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:58 AM

Thank you all for that morning chuckle. I have to agree with you all. Life is too short, been on so many all inclusives and they are really all the same, nothing to do at night!!! The all-inclusives are good but cruising is just so much better, why can't everyone think like us??? and Mr O why can't my husband think like you? moeve, you pretty much said it in a nutshell.How spoiled are kids now a days when they say NO to a cruise and as for the other guy, well like Dave said, give him a bag of Orville and send him to the closest all-incl. I'll be the one waving as we leave port with a drink in one hand and Mr O in the other.
Thanks for the helpful hints, Freedom looks like a good pick. Enjoy your March cruise tncruiseman.
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 01-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Banned

I agree that the Voyager Class ships may be your best bet. However, if cost is an issue, might I suggest the Miracle. (a Carnival Spirit class ship) If you want to sail out of Tampa and you can book it before it switches with the Legend....we loved this ship.

Our 15 year old son had a great time at Club O2.
Hubby and I are older and love the more subdued atmosphere (less party party party) but still a lot of fun.

And the time that we priced it verses a VOS class ship, we saved $1,000 by going with the Miracle.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:13 PM

A week out of school at the end of march on a cruise - my kids would jump at that idea. Hey, what am I saying , they have. My guys love the big ships - so much to do or nothing to do if they want too. As with everything else, cruising is what you make it. My boys love the kids / teen club. Met new friends each time on the Explorer, Triumph. Still email these kids. Kids have done all inclusives too but get bored easily. Done club med with boys and my guys prefer the cruise experience on the large ships. Get the 16 year old to bring a friend along. Our friends who have girls always make sure their girls bring a friend. Easier then to socialize in the clubs. My guys don't seem to have problem socializing. Or again, there are so many place to sun bath and just hang up that the cruise is in my opinion the best option. Heck my teens will take cruising over Hawaii. My thoughts.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:12 PM

March is Spring Break. The ships will be full of young adults. She will have no problem having a good time. At 50, he should be grown and able to adapt. If not, leave him home. You will meet new friends. Do you take sand to the beach?

Closed Thread