Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 05:34 AM

Hubby and I are leaving next Thursday (yeah!) on the Elation to Bahamas. First cruise. We want to take one bottle of wine each , also one 6 pack of soda (bottles)each, plus a few bottles of water. Will this be okay with Carnival and how is the best way to take this aboard? Should we take it in carry on, or put it in packed/ checked luggage. We are driving to port, airlines not a prob. Any packing suggestions so it does not get broken or explode??? Thank you all so much have gleaned LOTS by reading all these posts.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:19 AM
Is your first cruise nice enjoy it...
For all I know only the wine maybe, but the sodas and the water they have a policy
They will not let you bring it, because they sell them in the ship and is money lost for them...unless you hide it in your carry on.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:08 AM

when we got on the Imagination we saw people with 12 pack of soda and cases of water 1 case per family they had no problem bringing it on the ship. Good luck and I hope you have fun.

As far as the wine put it in your carry on luggage make sure to wrap it nice and snug me and the hubby had 2 bottles in our carry on we had no problems get it on the boat.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Banned

Gabe's Mom

Are you the same that occassionally posts on AZ?

I just read where Carnival was relaxing their policy. They are now allowing small amounts of non alcoholic beverages to be brought on. Put the wine in a baggy and then wrap the baggy with some of your casual cloths in your checked luggage. Taking the empty off should not be a problem.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Banned

Gabe's Mom, we took on some liquor in February on Pride. Securely pack your liquor in your suitcase. I would suggest putting it inside of a ziploc bag, as well. As long as you are discreet, it's fine. We carried on 2 bottles of wine and they were uncorked in the dining room free of charge. Of course, I wouldn't walk on board with a case of Aquafina over my shoulder.
I believe you'll be just fine. A'ndrea
Old 04-24-2007, 08:23 AM

Hi Gabe's mom.
I brought cans of coke and bottled water in a small suitcase. I tagged & checked it with the rest of our bags and it arrived safely. Last Nov we were on a Carnival and I brought 2 bottles of wine and they allowed it, some people say you can some say you can't. Worst they will do is take it and bring it to your dinner table and charge a corking fee.....6 cruises...never yet happened to us. You can also store it in your luggage and you will probably get it through without any hassel. This topic seems to annoy some people as they feel it it taking money away from the cruise lines. All in moderation. Have a fantastic cruise and even if the wine & soda don't make it on board, there is an over abundance at your finger tips.No matter what, you will have the week-end of your life.
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 04-24-2007, 08:25 AM

Hey everyone thanks for the replys. Regarding white wine is there any way to get it nice and cold, esp. if you are not going to drink it in the dining room? is ice availible like at a hotel? That may sound like a silly question but hey we are new at this ...excited too!! Thanks again.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:31 AM

By the way, to answer your quest 7thSon-- must be some other Gabe's mom on the AZ site, never posted there, but nice your noticed. Surely there is not another 'Gabe' like my Gabe...!!! isnt that a 'mom thing' to say .
Old 04-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Banned

Gabe's Mom, your cabin steward will keep your ice bucket filled with ice and he will replace it every day. If you need more, just ring him and he should bring it immediately. That's what he's there for. Have fun! A'ndrea
Old 04-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Banned

BTW... Gabe's mom, welcome. A'ndrea

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, carnival, carry, coke, cruise, drink, fascination, gabes, imagination, mom, packing, policy, pride, ship, soda, wine