Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 02:14 PM

I am a soon to be first time cruiser and I am wondering hoe the Conquest fairs for a family vacation. I am asking because I just read a review from a person that sailed on the Conquest in August. If I heed her warning, the Conquest is a poor choise for a first time cruise. I realize that a lot of a vacation is what you make of it and that if you go looking for problems, you wiil surely find them. I am just looking for a little assurance.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Don't place all your confidence in one review. Carnival is a fine cruise line for a first cruise, and really for many cruises. The Conquest is a good ship and you'll have a fine time. Some people live to find fault and will take one little problem, let it devour them, and go off on making every little problem they perceive into a huge failing. I ignore those type of cruise reviews.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:01 PM

Have been on several carnival cruises and the families always look like they are having a great time. As Dave said, don't read too much into one negative review. There are plenty of activities, and Camp Carnival always seems to get raves. Go with an open mind and a good attitide, and you will have a great family vacation.

Dwayne
Old 09-30-2007, 05:50 PM

Ms Conquest is a wonderful ship for families with children of all ages. We went on Conquest in January and had children in ages between 3 - 16 years old and they all had a blast. As a matter of fact Carnival's camp carnival children and teen program got better rates than Disney last year, and Disney is a kids cruise!!! Go on Ms Conquest, you won't regret it! Good luck...
Old 10-01-2007, 09:52 PM

I have been on the Conquest twice with my kids (ages now 7&10)and we had a fabulous time. The Conquest is my kids favorite ship. They especially loved the waterslide and the activities in Camp Carnival.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:34 PM
The Conquest is an awesome ship! There are always people who won't be satisfied. Have a great time!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 10-03-2007, 09:05 AM

We also enjoyed Conquest on our family cruise. Check out the seafood restaurant - upstairs in the Lido buffet area ... we didn't find it until last day of the cruise.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:51 AM

I am planning this cruise for my family as well as my parents and my sister's family. This is why I am so concerned. No one wants to be responsible for another persons miserable time. I do feel better now and thank you all very much for the input.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-05-2007, 07:40 AM
If anyone has a miserable time it will be no fault of the ship. Our family of 13 consisting in age from 5 to 57 went on the Conquest Feb 2005 and all had a fabulous time. We are all going again on Nov 1st on the Valor but this time it will be 20 including my siblings and their spouses.

The Conquest is a beautiful ship and there is something for everyone. Like others have said , do not read much into a bad review. Many times that is someone who is only on this board to complain and then you never hear from them again. Like the saying goes......you can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. The worst week on a cruise is better than the best week at work. This will be my 5th cruise and I have never been on a bad one yet.

If you go with the attitude that you are on vacation and you will have a great time and will not let little things bother you then you will not be dissapointed. Some people just live to complain.

On our first cruise on the Vision of the Seas we got to know our cabin steward well. He told us about one particular mother and son who were running him ragged. Very demanding and never happy! When the cruise was over they left him nothing! Yet others like my husband and I never asked for anything extra and were very pleased with his service and we tipped him well. He said that is the way it always is. The demanding ones are cheap and the nice passangers are generous. Have a GREAT time on your cruise and forget about that bad review. Believe all the good reviews and be cautious about the bad ones.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:06 PM

My husband and I have been on the Conquest. It's a good ship, the crew was very friendly, the rooms clean, beds comfortable, and food was fabulous. I'm a fan.

Closed Thread