Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2006, 08:38 PM

My wife and I will be taking our first cruise out of NYC on Carnival Victory July 10th to Canada.

Any tips would be appreciated (both for the ship and excursions). We are booked in a balcony room.

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Administrator

We're making the same cruise, only a couple of weeks earlier. We did a similar cruise on Carnival Destiny a few years back, and decided to give the line another try. We love the ports of Halifax and Saint John and look forward to returning. (It will be our 4th time in Halifax and 3rd in Saint John.) I'm happy to help with excursions. Are you looking for history, scenic tours, or something else? There is so much to do and see in and near both cities.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:43 AM

It is always difficult when someone says can you give me tips on the ship. There is so much to cover and many things have been covered over and over on different posts. The biggest tip I can give is once you are on the ship get a map, and explore the whole ship. Famialarize yourself where everything is. Don't just peak in an area and leave. Explore it. My last cruise I knew there were two hottubs in a quiet area in the spa. My traveling companions didn't know until I told them. I knew because I explored. The Carnival Capers is an informative bulletin you will get everyday. Everything is listed in it. Read it thoroughly. In Halifax the Maritime Museum is very interesting. If the weathers good Peggy's Cove will be a nice tour. A walking tour of the city is interesting too.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:59 PM

Lisa when are you leaving on your cruise.we are going in june i think it's june 11, 2006 like to hear from you my email is mzdayzy2aol.com
Old 03-19-2006, 07:45 AM
Administrator

mzadayzy, we're going to miss you by a couple of weeks, too. But as I've visited these ports numerous times, I'm happy to answer any questions. I haven't been on Carnival Victory, though, but was on her near-sister Carnival Destiny a few years ago.

Closed Thread

Tags
canada, canadian, candian, carnival, carvival, cnada, cruise, cruises, cursing, excursions, ny, review, reviews, victory