Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 09:47 AM
I was on you tube and look what I found
HERE

Here Also

This goes for all that people that ask if booking directly to the company has some benefits...

Old 01-19-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
This goes for all that people that ask if booking directly to the company has some benefits...
Cas, I don't think they knew or cared how they booked. It was hilarious to watch though. I'm a little surprised the Captain thrusted the ship back to the dock. That guy had to have felt like a total goob. I bet everyone was applauding the Captain!

Dwayne
Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 PM
I am surprised they went back for him also
I guess there were not too far away when they saw him coming.

We had 4 people miss the ship in P.V. they had to stay overnight then make their way to the next port.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 01-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Quote:
So, do you mean that guy in St.Thomas and those Irish passengers in Greece booked a shore-excursion with the cruise ship? And is that why extra efforts were made to get them back on the ship?
Old 01-20-2009, 03:54 AM
No that I know

but I remember asking, the last time I was On Carnival Destiny, about this kind of situations and they told me that If I book directly the wait until we arrive if there was any problem... or that was what they told me on the excursions deck. If you are not they guy, well is a funny situation.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:26 PM

I didn't realize you were talking about booking shore excursions. That guy didn't appear to be coming back from a ship sponsored excursion. If a group is coming back late from an a ship excursion they are suppose to hold the ship. If the excursion isn't late and then one of the group decides to go off afterwards, I doubt they are going to hold the ship for them.

Dwayne
Old 01-20-2009, 06:37 PM

On our last cruise they pulled away about 15 mins early. I was watching and no one came running up. Perhaps they pulled away early here.
Maybe the guy was not really late.
Some people are always late. Not me!!

Old 01-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Administrator

I guess if the security computer confirms that everyone is aboard (by the cruise card scanner records) they have no reason not to leave early.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:29 PM

They always want people back onboard no later than at least a half hour before scheduled departure. I go by that time not the ship's departure schedule. We were 10 minutes late on Roatan due to a traffic jam, and our careless group leader wanting to get another dive in. Myself and many others were about to kill her for cutting it so close. Roatan is no place to be left behind, and especially without a passport. We were not the only ones's running thank goodness and there was still a line.

If everyone is on board 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time I guess is ok. Go by the Capers time to be back on the ship, not the ship's scheduled departure time!

Dwayne
Old 01-22-2009, 06:00 AM

This is my greatest fear when cruising. Those videos are enough to give me nightmares. Because of my great fear of being left behind I am always back to the ship extra early. On the up side the ship is pretty well empty while in port and no lines for anything.

Closed Thread

Tags
back, comming, cruise, excursion, late