Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2006, 08:37 AM

Hi fellow cruisers,

My mom and I are going on the Ecstacy's Thanksgiving cruise out of Galveston. Is anyone else going? Has anyone been on this Thanksgiving cruise before? Also, does the Esctacy usually draw in a younger crowd? I say "Thanksgiving" becuase it leaves on the 23rd. I have been on the Carnival Pride last December and I loved it but I am not quite sure what to expect on this cruise. In the event that our port gets re-routed, does anyone know of any dolphin swimming in Progreso? I am about to reserve a spot to swim with the dolphins in Cozumel through a private excursion company instead of booking through Carnival. Has anyone done that before? I am booking the Swim Adventure through the Dolphin Discovery Center at Chankanaab National Park because it is cheaper and there is more interaction with the dolphins. Has anyone been to this park before and have any suggestions/comments? Has anyone been on this excursion? Or does anyone have any experience booking excursions through a private company vs. the cruise line? I guess I have a lot of questions So far I have found this website to be very helpful and I would appreciate any feedback.

My mother and I also went on the Mediterranean Cruise through Norwegian this past July and it was fabulous.

Thanks,
Tara
Old 11-06-2006, 08:37 AM

Hi fellow cruisers,

My mom and I are going on the Ecstacy's Thanksgiving cruise out of Galveston. Is anyone else going? Has anyone been on this Thanksgiving cruise before? Also, does the Esctacy usually draw in a younger crowd? I say "Thanksgiving" becuase it leaves on the 23rd. I have been on the Carnival Pride last December and I loved it but I am not quite sure what to expect on this cruise. In the event that our port gets re-routed, does anyone know of any dolphin swimming in Progreso? I am about to reserve a spot to swim with the dolphins in Cozumel through a private excursion company instead of booking through Carnival. Has anyone done that before? I am booking the Swim Adventure through the Dolphin Discovery Center at Chankanaab National Park because it is cheaper and there is more interaction with the dolphins. Has anyone been to this park before and have any suggestions/comments? Has anyone been on this excursion? Or does anyone have any experience booking excursions through a private company vs. the cruise line? I guess I have a lot of questions So far I have found this website to be very helpful and I would appreciate any feedback.

My mother and I also went on the Mediterranean Cruise through Norwegian this past July and it was fabulous.

Thanks,
Tara
Old 11-07-2006, 09:21 AM

hey whats up man ,i;ll be on the fantasy nov 23rd too but out of new orleans ,you will see or boat docked beside your boat when you get there , they all pretty much dock around the same time in cozmel.i never been on thanksgigving before , i hope the boat is not crowded. we booked yesterday and they had a room.on short notice! im not going on any ex,though.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:09 AM

HEY We will be on her the 18th thru the 23rd, so we will take good care of her for ya. We have been to Progreso before not alot to do didn't see anyone or hear of anyone doing the Dolphin booking. About the only things to do is Corona beach for 35.00 all the booze you can drink and a clean beach, water isn't very clear but you get the best deals there. Flea market 2 blocks away had some great deals and you can bargin about the price with them. We never book thru thru the cruise line because it costs so much more, but if you are going on a long trip like to the ruins you might want to consider the extra cost thru the cruise line because if something happens, like your bus breaks down, and you are on a scheduled excursion thru the cruise line they will hold the ship up for you until you return. We havent been to Chankanaab but have been to Mr. Sanchez beach it was nice and Playa Mia, all inclusive for 42.00 person, hope this helps a little. We are taking all three of our grown son's with us this time there in there 20's and all they can talk about is party,party,party, guess were going to have to just let them be. You should get to see the ship dressed up for Christmas, they usually start dressing her up the day after Thanksgiving.

quote:
Originally posted by trbubble:
Hi fellow cruisers,

Thanks,
Tara
Old 11-14-2006, 05:07 AM

trbubble,

We are leaving on the 27th of Nov. on the Ecstasy, and have been looking to find info on Progresso. The dolphin swim sounds interesting. I will look into it.

My daughter talked to a young lady several days ago who had just returned from the Ecstasy. She said the cruise was great, they had a great time. She also said it was a real "party boat". This coming from someone in their early 20's says to me that those people were having a GREAT time!! Sounds good to me!!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise! I think it is great that you and your mom cruise together! I wish mine was able to go with me. You're making great memories together!

Catfishhhh, where is this great Flea Market you speak of.....you're talking my language!! How far from the port etc.?
Old 11-14-2006, 06:06 AM

Well I wouldn't say it was a great Flea Marget, it's like the only Flea market we saw but when the bus drops you off at Corona Beach it's just down the street about two blocks. The vendors will hit you up to buy but a polite no works for us. You can also walk down the beach and find some great deals at the stores that parallel the beach.

Closed Thread