Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 04:33 PM

I just had a quick question...What drinks do they have for free? I am trying to decide if there is enough offered for free to avoided paying so much for the drink card. There are 2 adults and 4 kids in our group. If we do need the drink cards how many should we get? Also, is there anything safe and inexpensive to do in Montego Bay, Jamaica? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Administrator

There is no soda included in your cruise fare. Juices, water, milk, coffee, tea, at meal times, and tea and coffee all the time. The party line is that each person needs their own card. Sharing a card is against the rules and they do try to keep an eye on it, although I have no doubt it still happens. Plus, the adult card is more expensive than a kid's card. Unless an adult drinks A LOT of soda I don't think a card for them is worth it. My advice - get a card for each kid and go by-the-drink for adults.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:01 PM

Do you have any idea how much the sodas are so I can balance if it is worth it? Thanks for the quick reply you all are the best! Any idea about Montego Bay since I am picking your brain?
Old 07-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Administrator

A can of soda is $2.01 including the 15% gratuity. On the other hand, the soda card gets you a glass at a time, or about 6 ounces or less.

Mo Bay is not a safe place. I'd stick with a ship's tour of some sort. I haven't been there much so am not an expert.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:13 PM

I know the Ecstasy had can drinks sitting on our desk in our room. I believe they were 2.00 also if you drank them. We didn't buy the card. We all drank alot of water, and the juice was great at dinner. And their ice tea was great. We are bringing both of our sons, 17 & 21 with us and they will definately be getting the cards each. They can put down the soda. I will love it because I dont want to see a 400.00 dollar soda bill at the end of the cruise. LOL
Have a great cruise and tell us all about it.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:08 AM

want2cruisemore,

Bon Voyage

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!
Old 07-28-2007, 06:09 AM
My husband and I bought drink cards on our first cruise but I haven't since and he didn't on the last cruise. I only drink diet occasionally and I hate diet Coke (the only diet they had), so it wasn't worth it. I just drink water and milk. My husband seemed to be perfectly happy with the coffee and iced tea on the Miracle.

Jamaica can be sort of sketchy in places so I agree with previous posters that the best bet is a Carnival shore excursion.

Have fun on your cruise, the Conquest is wonderful!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 07-28-2007, 03:58 PM
In the mornings you will find coffee, tea, OJ and I believe apple juice in the buffet. The rest of the time you will usually find coffee, tea, lemonade and fruit punch in the buffet and of course good ole water all the time. You can also bring sodas on board as long as it is not excessive. We brought 2-12 packs on our last one. No need to hide it either. Nice if you want one first thing in the morning or late at night and do not want to leave your room to get one.

As for Mo Bay read my post under Carribean Port...Help, what to do in Jamaica! We had a great time and felt safe.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Just popping in to say "Bon voyage!"
Old 07-28-2007, 06:55 PM
enjoy your cruise...
As for the soda for me the soda card is worth it.

Closed Thread

Tags
13, conquest, cruise, drinks, excursions, feb, free, jamica, leaving, reviews, shore