Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 08:02 PM

I well understand that the ship leaves port on time and if you get back from your trip too late then bad luck. I can see this applying if you have booked a private trip, but what happens if you have booked on one of the ship booked shore excursions and the bus breaks down or gets stuck in traffic will the ship wait until the bus gets back.
Peter
Old 01-20-2007, 09:39 PM
If it is a Cruise sponsored excursion the ship waits. If not the ship leaves without you.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:59 AM

Always take the number of the Ships agent in that particular port. If you are going to be late for any reason and even if it is only 5 min call them and they will contact the capt. and together they will be able to decide what needs to be done.

Uf a ship excursion has a break down - normally the ship will wait BUT there is no garantee.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:04 AM

it may cost a little more to book through the ship but its worth it atleast you know they will wait for you. better safe then sorry.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:56 AM

Thanks Moeve and Jerome,
I think we will stick to the ships excursions. You never know what might happen.
Peter
Old 01-22-2007, 12:08 AM

Where are you heading because there are lots of places you can safely take external tours and of course places where it is not sensable.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:33 AM

Hi moeve,
Around the Med.
Mediterranean and Greek Isles.
Peter
Old 01-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ptur:
Hi moeve,
Around the Med.
Mediterranean and Greek Isles.
Peter
Personally, in that area, I would stick with a ship excursion. The extra money is well worth not having to worry about anything and truly being able to enjoy the excursion.

ALWAYS take your passport with you on these excursions and 2 credit cards along with that phone number. Yes, one of the "perks" of a ship excursion is that no matter how late...they do wait for you. However, mistakes happen. VERY rarely...and I mean very very rarely.....but it can happen.

Have a wonderful cruise.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:40 AM

I have to agree traffic restraints are something to consider... Naples for example you could do Pompei on your own BUT leave yourself at least 2 hours to get back to the ship. Livorono you can do Florenz OR Pisa by train with no problem at all UNLESS the railway employees are on strike again..

Closed Thread

Tags
break, carnival, cruise, excursions, late, leaves, line, passport, port, return, ship, sponsored, things, time, tour