Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Being teenagers they probably could not have bought another run and coke but I would have had their happy little selves removed from the ship or at least confined to their cabins. That is nothing to kid around about. You could have been killed. What if they had not reacted and caught you. I hope they appologized.

I am fearful when my children cruise as they do like to drink and party. People will do things drunk that they would not normally do sober. "Look what I can do" comes to mind! Or how about....I'm King of the World!

It is just so sad to think of the people who feel this is the answer. Do they plan to go on the cruise and jump or does something just go off in their head. Reading some of the reasons why people have jumped says both. Of course when a woman goes for a cup of tea and does not return foul play comes to mind. What about the elderly Asian couple who went on a cruise with their children and other family members and then were never seen again. Not even a note. Why?? To take such a happy event and turn it into such a tragedy is so sad.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:54 AM

Honestly, they were very polite indeed. They made profuse apologies and even apologized again when I passed a couple of them in the hallway. It made it very difficult to dislike them.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:44 PM

On my last cruise aboard the Carnival Paradise, I saw a 9 year old girl stand on a chair and lean over the railing. I was inside the Paris Restaurant at the time. I was terrified the girl was going to fall. I wondered where her parents were. I started to alert one of the crewmembers when I saw that the girl's mother and father were right there next to her. I'd never let my child do something like that.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:05 PM

Hi Jon and welcome to Cruise Chat.

I agree, I don't know what that child's parents were thinking. I hope someone out there said something to the parents.

Sandy
Old 05-18-2008, 11:55 PM

Some Parents these days.

Welcome aboard!

Dwayne
Old 05-19-2008, 07:00 AM

Some times it seems children have more brains than parents.

Welcome to Cruise-Chat, Jon W.!

Old 05-19-2008, 07:45 AM

You know this really has me worried. I shudder to think of the cruises in the past that I could have fallen overboard simply from being silly to just 1 too many daily specials. You what they say about fools and drunks. Anyway...my 8 year old and I will be leaving on June 2nd on the Holiday. I'll talk to my son on the way down from North Alabama and enlist him to help me with Grandpa. I think I will have to give my usual safety spiel on the way over from my Dad's. They'll tune me out. I'll feel better though.
2005-Carnival Holiday
1996-Commodore Enchanted Isle
1995-Commodore Enchanted Seas
1992-Commodore Enchanted Seas
1983-Carnival Carnivale
Old 05-20-2008, 07:25 AM
It's all a shame.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
asian, boat, carnival, couple, cruise, cruising, girl, jumped, overboard, statistic, year