Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 04:37 PM
My wife and I will be embarking on our third cruise in February and we can't wait!
On our first two cruises, we noticed there were no children in the dining room. This year we are taking our 8 year old granddaughter on her first cruise. My question is... Is there a separate dining room for people with children?
Papa
Old 01-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Not to worry, there is not separate dinning rooms for people with children that I have ever run across. We never see children either but it is because of the time of year and the places we go. That may have been your case the last time you cruised. Sept 23rd this year we went to New England/Canada and the time of year the crowd was older folks because school started. What nice grandparents ! Have a wonderful time.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 01-22-2009, 06:35 PM

How wonderful that you get to take your granddaughter. We took our daughter when she was that age and she loved it. We have had several children go with us in our groups and they enjoyed the dinning room treatment. Kids get special treatment. If there is nothing on the menu she likes be sure and ask for a kids menu. They offer special items for kids. We had one little girl who liked blueberries and every evening the waiter brought her a small bowl of them. She thought she was a princess!
Have a great time and let us know how she liked it.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-22-2009, 06:59 PM

Papa, It was probably the time of year you went before as janfred noted. There are plenty of kids when school is out, especially the early (main) seating. This will be a great experience for her.

Dwayne
Old 01-23-2009, 04:00 AM
Administrator

What wonderful grandparents you are! I know this cruise will create a lifetime of memories for your granddaughter.

As others have mentioned, there could be many reasons why you haven't seen kids in the dining rooms on your earlier cruises. Dwayne makes a great point about the early seating. This is when we take our son, as the late seating begins after what is his normal bedtime at home! Whatever you do, please take her to the dining room. It is a great experience, and the waiters will treat her as a princess. Enjoy!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:51 AM

One other thing is that Camp Carnival normally has a kids dinner most nights durring the early seating. Our 8 year old would rather go eat with other kids than sit in the main dinning room with us.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Our 8 year has been going on cruises with us since she was 5 & she likes going to Camp Carnival at dinner time. The Camp will take them to the Casual Dinning Room & bring them whatever they would like to eat. She would rather do this than get dressed & eat with us. I do go & get her when we are ordering dessert in the formal dinning room, she loves the chocolate melting cake.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:36 AM

Who doesn't like chocolate melting cake?

Old 01-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks all...Looks like my little princess is in for a wonderful time!

Closed Thread