Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2005, 04:24 PM

OK the family is now officially delirious and in can't-wait mode!!

We just watched what will be OUR ship (next Sunday), The Conquest slowly and stately thrust out from the pier and steam by the Galveston Harbor Web Cam! How cool!

And just in case you missed it (or are interested :-) I gor 3 screen shots of the launch! They are posted in Conquest Web Cam Shots folder in the Carnival Cruise Lines Forum

I would assume that interested parties could go to the web cam next Sunday Morning at 0730 or so and watch the Conquest come in to port - and then at 1750 watch US sail away

Here is the URL for the Harbor Web Cam:
Galveston Harborhouse WebCam

(If you click on it now all you will see is a empty berth - but it is a cool view anyway!)

We are SO excited!! MAN this is going to be a *TOUGH* week at work!!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:19 AM

You'll have a great time. Just remember the sunscreen.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:59 PM

Hello bobinnm
My husband and I just returned from the 9/18 Conquest, and it was so wonderful! I don't blame you for being so excited! That is one beautiful ship. We were very impressed with all the different services we rec'd. from stewards, wait staff, etc......... I KNOW you'll have a great time, and yes, please, take plenty of sunscreen !! We're already looking into booking another one in the near future. Swimming with dolphins in Cozumel was one of my life long dreams, and I was not let down!
Have fun and Bon Voyage~~~~~
Martha
Old 10-07-2005, 12:14 PM

Hello bobinnm

We will be heading out on Conquest in 3 weeks (the 30th) and can't wait! Looks like you picked a great week to sail. Weather here has turned cool (from the upper 90's anything is cool ) and the skys are very blue.

We will probably wave good bye to you as we will be at the the loft tours in Galveston on Sunday!

Have a marvelous time and don't forget to write up your review!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarlet:

You'll have a great time. Just remember the sunscreen.

Thanks for the tip Scarlet - yep, we have the SPF 40 packed (in fact wifey and I have been packing all day today - just loaded the truck!!

Kids are home from school (school break all next week) we are ready, airline tickets printed, fun ship pass printed, all relatives called and coordinated, masks prepped... snorkels & fins packed...cameras, batteries...bungie cords, power strip..yep it's all here!!! Let's go!!

DARN we have to wait for the plane tomorrow morning at 0830!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by marthathom:
Hello bobinnm
My husband and I just returned from the 9/18 Conquest, and it was so wonderful! I don't blame you for being so excited! That is one beautiful ship. We were very impressed with all the different services we rec'd. from stewards, wait staff, etc......... I KNOW you'll have a great time, and yes, please, take plenty of sunscreen !! We're already looking into booking another one in the near future. Swimming with dolphins in Cozumel was one of my life long dreams, and I was not let down!
Have fun and Bon Voyage~~~~~
Martha
Martha,

Thanks for taking the time to post this - my wife says thank you LOTS she is really happy to hear you had a great time!

Wifey said she is gifting me with a massage so I am happy (wait until she sees what SHE is getting . . . heh...heh...heh - HEY mind outta the gutter...it's not THAT...um, well maybe I will post a pict of what she gets when we get back

GOSH! Time to go to dinner and then back home to bed...it's actually HAPPENING now!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:29 PM

You forgot about the extra cash! Don't forget that!

Have a GREAT trip - can't wait to hear about it.

Say Hi to Elation tomorrow as you leave-

Carla
Old 10-07-2005, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debbi:
Hello bobinnm

We will be heading out on Conquest in 3 weeks (the 30th) and can't wait! Looks like you picked a great week to sail. Weather here has turned cool (from the upper 90's anything is cool ) and the skys are very blue.

We will probably wave good bye to you as we will be at the the loft tours in Galveston on Sunday!

Have a marvelous time and don't forget to write up your review!
HEY do that - did you know that the Galveston Harbor web cam points directly to the Conquest berth??!! We will look for you

So how is the weather? I was hoping to take the kids down to the beach tomorrow (we are staying at the best western seawall)
Old 10-07-2005, 04:29 PM

BTW- don't forget to drop us line while you are on board... and be sure to constantly be mentally composing your review!

And don't forget about the robe thing-

Old 10-08-2005, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlalena1:
BTW- don't forget to drop us line while you are on board... and be sure to constantly be mentally composing your review!

And don't forget about the robe thing-

Sheesh....WHO can sleep...OK we DI D sleep - I am just a early riser - - OK I am lying! I am fired up!!

Still, sleep will probably be a option for the next week (I like how my brither-in-law described it - I plan on just taking naps for the nest 8 days )

Anyhow guys, it is finally here!! Plane leaves in 4 hours, sunscreen is packed, kids are completely wired (so is mom & dad )

Guess it is time to go now!

I will make sure to compose the review, will try to drop a line to yall while on-board, and will talk to yall next week!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bon, cam, carnival, conquest, cruise, harbor, voyage, web, webcam