Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2005, 02:26 PM

Hi there. I just recently booked a cruise on the carnival destiny for january 8th, 2006. I have heard others in the forums talking about a dry dock for three weeks in october. What does this mean exactly? Are they doing some maintainance work on her and should this improve some of the "age" of the ship? someone wrote a bad review of how the ship was in such disarray and she commented that sthe destiny was scheduled to dry dock in october and that she hoped someone would "put her to rest soon". Is this a real possibility? that carnival will decide to retire their oldest ship after this dry docking - possibly they will discover that there is too much to repair and its not worth it? Obviously no one can answer that question for me but if this WERE to happen, what would happen to the people that were scheduled to cruise on the ship in the following months?? I guess I am just concerned that they might decide she's too old to run any longer.....
Old 07-29-2005, 05:19 AM

We just booked on the Destiny in October 2006. The Carnival rep. explained that there will be a dry dock in Oct. They make minor repairs to the ship, replace carpet, bed linens curtains, painting.... Carnival has no intention of laying this ship to rest. She's only 9 years old!!! Carnival has ships (Holiday, Celebration) that are 20 years old and stil in very good condition. The average life of a cruise ship is 25-30 years. Have a good trip and give us your report!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:52 AM

The Destiny has a number of good years left in her - don't worry. As cruiser1962 mentioned, when she goes into drydock, cosmetic improvements will be made to enhance her looks.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread