Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2007, 07:20 PM

Carnival has bigger rooms than any other cruise line, and since you have a balcony, I think you will do fine.

Where do these myths come from? I hear this from time to time and always chuckle.

Carnival, most modern ships like Glory Cat 8A to 8E = 185 + 35 sq ft balcony

Celebrity Infinity Cat CC balcony = 191 + 41 sq ft balconies

HAL Nordam Cat VA to VH = 254 sq ft verandah staterooms

Princess Golden Princess Cat BA to BF = 214 to 257 sq ft average

RCI Adventure of the Seas Cat D1 to D3 balconies = 202 + 50 sq ft balcony

RCI Brilliance of the Seas Cat D1 to D3 = 204 + 41 sq ft balconies

The largest Suite of any kind on any Carnival ship is the Cat 12 at well under 400 sq ft. Compared to suites on many of the above mentioned ships that offer suites in excess of 1000 sq ft. And compare those to NCL's newer fleet with Garden Villas. The Garden Villa on Pride of Hawaii (soon to be NCL Jade) at a whopping 2320 sq ft + a 1035 sq ft balcony, the balcony alone is over twice the size of any suite on any CCL ship.

Cunard QM2 Cat B1 to B6 = 245 sq ft balcony

Sorry, I'm not putting down Carnival, I like them and used cruise with them often. But this belief that they have the biggest cabins in the industry is just way off the mark. Their inside and OV cabins are larger than most ships offer.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-12-2007, 01:44 AM

Hi Neil,

I am quite impressed with your research and knowledge. The idea and myth comes from the advertising that was true at the time without the disclaimer it referred to inside and outside cabins. At that time balconies were limited to suites. The advertising was so successful people still relate to it.

I am glad you ended your post saying the inside and OV are larger than most ships. I know I am preaching to the choir

Jim C. went on Norwegian last year and posted pics of his cabin..it was way smaller than a CCL same Cat Cabin. I get what your saying about the balcony cabins as a comparison.

Aloha,
IslandCruz

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, cabin, catba, clasterphobic, define, eos, feet, help, helped, im, petaphobia, rci, square, verandah, vh