Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 07:01 PM

I am totally clasterphobic!! I can not even go in elevators..
I have a Balcony room but this is my first cruise! What do you think!

Old 05-09-2007, 07:49 PM
mgades-If you don't mind a nice motel room-you will have absolutely no problem with a beautiful balcony stateroom on any ship! They are bright,cheerful,airy and quite roomy! You will absolutely love it!! Don't be surprised to find yourself booking another cruise while you are aboard!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 05-10-2007, 04:16 AM
Banned

mgades, welcome. Billy is correct. The only area you might get a little uneasy in is the hallways. They are tight, narrow and long.

When they built Pride, they reconfigured the hallways a bit and put a jag in them. It breaks it up quite a bit.
Breath deeply and enjoy your cruise.
A'ndrea
Old 05-10-2007, 05:01 AM

The balcony is a good choice for you. There are plenty of open areas on the ship where you can run to if needed.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:28 AM

I used to suffer with clasterphobia (sp?) a bit myself and have slowly overcame it, or atleast I think I am. I too wondered about being on the ship and not having a "way off of it". That's my fear with airplanes as well. I did post a thread about being scared and was very reassured that you just basically feel like you are on a big resort.....so enjoy. You'll have a great time I'm sure!!!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-10-2007, 09:29 AM

my wife is very clasterphoic we had a balcony suite on our last cruise she really loved it sat our there alot no problems, there is so much room on a cruise ship to move around. my wife thought she would be affraid to be at sea for a couple of days and not be able to get off but no problems like i said. the airplane rides are a little harder for her.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sunshine37922:
I used to suffer with clasterphobia (sp?)
I am no spelling expert but my spell checker tells me: claustrophobia! You learn something new every day.

Ken
Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Banned

Cheffy, I do believe you are wrong. I thought we were referring to someone that is worried about chromosome damage, thus "Clasterphobic" as per the definition below.

Clastogenic (kl?s't?-j?n'?k) effects are damages to chromosomes, such as breaks in or change in the of amount of proteins.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:44 AM

I am claustrophobic as well (extreamly) and my husband and I have been on three cruises. Our first was on the Holiday, which is Carnival's smallest ship. I was fine, even in the hallways. I didn't use the elavators, I always used the stairs. Sometimes it can be a workout using the staris, but it's worth it if it is more calming to you. Carnival has bigger rooms than any other cruise line, and since you have a balcony, I think you will do fine. We have always had "just" an Ocean View Room and that was enough to make me feel like I wasn't so closed in. Good luck and happy sailing. I'm sure you will do just GREAT!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-10-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by carlg:
Cheffy, I do believe you are wrong. I thought we were referring to someone that is worried about chromosome damage, thus "Clasterphobic" as per the definition below.

Clastogenic (kl?s't?-j?n'?k) effects are damages to chromosomes, such as breaks in or change in the of amount of proteins.
I love my proteins, any change in the amount of proteins I consume is a 'fearful" thought. Yes, I love animal protein: beef, pork, lamb, fish, veal, duck, chicken, all seafood, all crustaceans, even bunny rabbits. I guess I am petaphobic!

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, cabin, catba, clasterphobic, define, eos, feet, help, helped, im, petaphobia, rci, square, verandah, vh