Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 05:48 AM

Kerri -
We just got off the Glory (3/17-3/24) In St Maarten we did the Golden Eagle Catamaran and it was a BLAST!!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:37 AM

Thanks, guys!

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 4/2007
Carnival Conquest 2/2004

Old 04-09-2007, 05:55 PM

What club on the Carnival GLory would you recommend for some nice slow dancing? We dont go out partying and wont be drinking, but want to do a little dancing.
Thanks,
Dee
Old 04-10-2007, 02:59 AM

I don't know that there is a club just for slow dancing. Most of it is the disco.

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Old 04-12-2007, 08:26 AM

Have a question for you jrowell24. I see you have stayed in 8255 on the Verandah deck of Gory in the past. We are planning the Eastern Caribbean cruise and I have been looking at 8273. It is on the end, which I thought would be convenient and more quiet, but the deck plans show this "squilly" form and it has "Old Glory" written on it. Was it that? Would this be a good stateroom, 8273. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dbug:
What club on the Carnival GLory would you recommend for some nice slow dancing? We dont go out partying and wont be drinking, but want to do a little dancing.
Thanks,
Dee
Dee, I was on the Glory last year and found it quite hard to find slow or ballroom dancing. It was much better on the Liberty last week, and perhaps the Glory is better now also. But here are your best bets.

Captain's Party - get up and dance even if no one else is, there is a dance floor

The Glory Big Band will do a short show by themsleves probably first or second sea day, if they don't play slow dances it is informal enough to get on the stage and ask the leader for what you want.

Go to the Atrium. Small Trios of violins and piano or just piano. There is a dance floor and you can ask for the music you want. Dance even if no one else is. You may even win points for your color team. A trio on the Liberty was great but did not speak good english, my Italian is non existant but they understood I wanted a waltz and they obliged.

If all that fails, just go to the Disco and slow dance to the hip hop, just call me crazy.

Good Luck and have a good cruise
Old 04-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by skeetos:
Have a question for you jrowell24. I see you have stayed in 8255 on the Verandah deck of Gory in the past. We are planning the Eastern Caribbean cruise and I have been looking at 8273. It is on the end, which I thought would be convenient and more quiet, but the deck plans show this "squilly" form and it has "Old Glory" written on it. Was it that? Would this be a good stateroom, 8273. Thanks!
Cabin 8273 is next to the Atrium called the Old Glory. the squilly things are elevators and are not a problem to be near. It will make it easy to get around and easy to find your way back. In my opinion a good cabin to have if you can't spring for a balcony
Old 04-12-2007, 11:00 AM

jrowell24,
where in GA are you? Did you drive to Port Canaveral? What hotel did you stay in if any?
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 04-12-2007, 11:33 AM

Thanks so much for in info (and by the way I meant squiggly, not squilly , but that does answer my question. I've been thinking about a balacony, but I don't like storms on the water. We used to have a fully enclosed pontoon and I would get sooo nervous with storms on the lake. Figured an inside I wouldn't see anything.

Want this to be a special trip as my hubby is retiring after 35 years of law enforcement. We've only gone on one cruise which was for our 25th anniversary where we renewed out vows (hubby's idea). We went to Eastern Caribbean on the Norway and it was absolutely perfect! I hope I won't be let down this time as the Norway cruise was like a fairy tale with the wedding complete with bridesmaid and bestman.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:21 PM

Skeetos...When I sail on Glory, I like to be as close as possible to the atrium (Old Glory) becuase the elevators are right there.

Nica...I am from extreme southeast GA (one county from FL). Yes we drove there in one shot. It only took 4 hours. That's why we leave from Canaveral instead of Miami. Where are you from?

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Closed Thread

Tags
animal, call, carnival, crew, cruise, ending, glory, happy, lcruise, lost, members, number, picture, room, ship, spa, stateroom, stuffed