Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 09:05 PM

Nica, I got some good advice from Dave. He told me to check out the Raddison at the Port. It is 2 miles from the port. They hvae specials for cruisers. WE reserved us a room there. The room has a king size sleep number bed. The hotel provides you with a free hot breakfast buffet (not just a continental breakfast), free parking for the length of your cruise and free shuttle to and from the port. We checked several options and this came out cheaper for us.
Dee
Old 04-13-2007, 10:45 AM

jrowell24,
I am from Nicaragua. Lived in Georgia most of my life (2/3) in the same little town about 45min- 1hour from Atlanta. I have a good friend from college that lives in Valdosta, but was raised in Jesup. He is a very nice guy.
We are cruising out of Port Canaveral for the same reason, a little closer than Miami. altought, we have a longer drive than you.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-13-2007, 10:52 AM

Dbug,
Thank you for checking on that for me. I will give that a shot. On our last cruise, we stopped in Ocala. However, our cruise left on Sat. so we drove down friday night after work and was getting pretty late and flelt tired. This time we leave on Sunday, so we can actually make it to Port Canaveral on sat.
Maybe I can answer a few of your questions.

The Shops on the Glory have very good prices specially on watches, perfumes, liquor, and I guess jewelry. I noticed that the Glory or Victory (the two Carnival ships I have been on) did not have a great number of shops.

The slow dancing: This will be tough. My wife and I went to the piano bar and danced some. Most of the people there are drinking and singing, but nobody will mind if you slow danced. They can play some great songs for slow dancing. There maybe other bars that play good music. If you feel like slow dancing, You dance. Anywhere is good place just watch the hands there maybe some children around.

Nassau: You will find a great deal on pocketbooks. My wife paid $50 for two small Date Spade?, something, handbags. There are alot of nice trinkets etc. You can always keep walking past the straw market up the street from senor Frogs and go to the Hilton Hotel. They allow you to use their chair beach, towels, and toys for a $10.00 p/p charge. you can look at my pics on the RCL thread and the picture of my wife with the Ships on the background was taking at this beach. Hope this helps.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 04-13-2007, 02:19 PM

Nica...I live 20 miles from Jesup in Brantley County.

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Old 04-13-2007, 02:45 PM

Do you know anyone by the name of Brandy Floyd or Veronica (Roni) Hanna. I think they're from that area. I think they went to school at Douglas. I may be mistaken.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 04-13-2007, 07:44 PM

Well we did it! Went to travel ageny just to ask some questions and ended up booking the eastern Caribbean cruise on Glory for Jan. 5th. We even went all out and got the balcony stateroom. This is part of hubby's retirement gift. Spending a week in a beach front condo from Dec. 29th to 5th then going on the cruise. Should be a great 2 weeks!
Old 04-14-2007, 05:57 AM

Skeetos...you will not regreat getting a balcony stateroom. I won't ever have anything else.

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Old 04-15-2007, 07:37 AM

I see St. Martin prefers Euros for purchases. Is there a currency exchange onboard or should we do this before we leave?
Old 04-15-2007, 07:44 AM

Forgot to add my ticker! Of course this isn't cruise date as we are spending a week at Daytona Beach Shores first in a beach front condo.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Closed Thread

Tags
animal, call, carnival, crew, cruise, ending, glory, happy, lcruise, lost, members, number, picture, room, ship, spa, stateroom, stuffed