Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2007, 04:38 PM

If anyone has any questions about the trip, (Eastern Caribbean) staff, port, etc...please feel free to ask.

Also, I know there was a discussion a while ago about someone losing a piece of clothing on a ship. My 6-year-old left her Hello Kitty stuffed animal on her bed when we debarked. Could someone tell me who to contact to see if it's still somewhere on the ship or terminal?

Josh

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned

jrowell, have no fear! We lost our digital camera on Conquest with every picture we took on it. We gave up all hope of every finding it. Five months later, UPS pulled into our driveway and I opened a box to find our camera inside. I literally cried with joy. Tell your daughter to not worry. Your cabin steward does not want her Hello Kitty animal.
Immediately e-mail or phone Carnival's Customer Service Department. This information can be found on your paperwork or on-line. There C.S. Dept. is SUPERIOR. The woman on the phone couldn't have been any nicer, concerned, or more accommodating. They will issue you a customer service number. That number will be used to keep checking in with them to see if it's been turned in yet. Have your booking number and your cabin number (very important) available when you call. If you remember your cabin steward's name, provide them with that, as well. Keep in mind, it takes awhile for lost and found in their Miami headquarters to obtain lost items from the ships. But, she will get it back and I'm sure it will not take 5 months. I really believe our camera fell under the bed. Miracles happen. Please let me know how you make out.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:59 PM

jrowell...
Hi! I have questions about the ship if you dont mind. We are going on a Western Carribean cruise in September. What kind of room did you have and on what floor? Did you like your room? How was the food? Did you go to Nassau? If so, what kind of excursions did you do there? What kind of activities do they have on the ship during the sea days? I know I have lots more questions, but cant think of any right now..Thanks!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:51 PM

Andrealovescruising...thanks for your encouragement. I have already sent an email regarding the issue. If I don't hear anything, I'll make a call next week.

dbug...let me see if I can help you.
1. We had a balcony stateroom on the Upper Deck (6263). My kids had an interior stateroom on the same deck (6265). On our last cruise, we stayed in 8255 on the Verandah deck. It was identical to 6263. We liked our rooms. No complaints there.
2. The food was great as always. We are very "Southern" in our eating and are not into the fancy cuisine. But, it was great. I especially love the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. It is to DIE for!
3. Nassau was not high on my list of places to visit. We had been there before and did not like the city. Now, we didn't go on any excursions. That may be a different story. People seemed to like the Stingray excursion and the Atlantis one.
4. The ship is always full of things to do during sea days. This week the specials were ice carving demonstration, towel folding demonstrations, hairy chest competition, Survivor, trivia games, bingo (of course), and many more.

If you have any more questions, let me know. I hope I helped.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:39 PM

Jrowell,
That does help. Thanks!! What about the shopping on board? Are the shops real expensive? Did you visit the gym on board? I have been to Nassau but it was in 1982...dont remember much but the straw market and we almost missed the ship and we got on board and went thru like a boiler room to get to the "regular" part of the ship..but at 17 thats an adventure. Not sure what we will do in Nassau...Not very interested in the Atlantis thing..Do want to go to the straw market and look around.
Thanks again for your help.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:51 PM

Andrea, That is great news for you and a miracle. Your advice about contacting early with all the info. and getting a case number was awesome.

My Sis left an expensive and sentimental watch in the gym once on a cruise with me. She was having a fit, the next day sure enough some kind honest soul had turned it in.

It is so good to hear about the good things and good service instead of all the bad.

jrowell24, I bet you have a good chance of getting it back since you know where it was left. Good Luck!

Was David the bartender still on board?
Old 04-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Banned

Hi Islandcruz. We didn't realize our camera was lost until we got back home and none of us remembered unpacking it. We pulled our luggage back out of the attic and tore through everything. What an empty feeling in the pit of your stomach. All we had for certain were 27 exposures from our waterproof camera from our entire trip. I did not sleep well for weeks. Carnival customer svc. reps made me feel so much better. They told me to feel free to call day or night to check to see if it's been turned in yet.
I'm embarrassed to say that all I could think was a crew member is going to find it and send a nice, brand new digital camera home to his family in the Phillipines. And, of course, after 5 months when it arrives, you can't believe your eyes. (And naturally, after you go out and replace the lost digital with another). I contacted Carnival after we received it back and asked if they had the name of who turned it in. I wanted to send a thank you note to them. They didn't have any record. Needless to say, we now keep tabs on our digital at all times and we go through a check list before we leave for the cruise and when we pack for debarkation on the ship.
There is a whole lot of good in this world.
I am so happy that your sister had a happy ending too. And, you are also right.... knowing exactly where you left it on the ship is half the battle. Have a great Easter Sunday. A'ndrea
Old 04-08-2007, 01:18 PM

dbug...The shops were fairly reasonable. Two years ago I got a nice Fossil watch for $59. It's still in great shape and still ticking. Of course some of the things are a bit more expensive but they are duty and tax free.

We did not visit the gym. My son wanted to, but I think you have to go through the spa to find it. So, it's not very accessible in my opinion. That would be one downfall.

IslandCruz...we're not much drinkers so I have no clue if David is still there or not. I will say that in the two years since I've been on Glory they had a totally new crew. I don't remember hardly anyone from before.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:10 PM

Josh, what did you do in St. Maarten? We're going on that same itinerary later this month and we have Nassau and St. Thomas all planned, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do in St. Maarten.

Carnival Glory 4/2007
Carnival Conquest 2/2004

Old 04-08-2007, 08:34 PM

We did the Divi Little Bay Beach Experience. I'm not a big beach person, but the wife and kids wanted to. It was relaxing and all, but I don't know if it was worth paying for. You do get a free bbq meal and two drinks, a ride there and back and a free chair to sit in while you're there though. The resort people have games and contests planned for those who like that.

Last time, my wife and just took a taxi to Coki Beach on St. Thomas on our own. All we paid for was the ride there and back. I thought Coki was a much nicer beach than Divi. But, Divi was more secluded and had nicer buildings.

Closed Thread

Tags
animal, call, carnival, crew, cruise, ending, glory, happy, lcruise, lost, members, number, picture, room, ship, spa, stateroom, stuffed