Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 08:01 AM
JC-Glad you enjoyed your cruise on the Miracle. We are scheduled in late 09 for a cruise on her. We look forward to your review as we are avid NYC sailors and love using NYC as a home port! We look forward to your cruise review!

BillyBuzzy
Old 05-13-2008, 08:27 AM

quote:
should be up in a few days!

I think it might take a bit longer. According to the thread in the General Cruise Discussion Area (it's called "Group Effort" or something like that), it appears that management is renovating cruisereviews.com. I think they said it will be a little while before any new reviews are posted, but check it out to see exactly what is going on.

Maybe you want to post a sample of your review here?
Old 05-14-2008, 06:31 AM

I cruised the Miracle in March and found the disco to be a great disappointment. It is two floors. You have to walk up and down to the dance floor. There are stairs near the bar and be careful because the lighting near the stairs is not good. I fell split my knee and had to get stitches on the ship. Plus, I injured my shoulder. 8 weeks later and I'm still feeling the memories.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:58 PM

Hey JC,

how about posting a rewiew of the ship. I am going on it in February and am dying to hear all about it. We have been on 3 Carnival cruises, mind all 3 were on the conquest class, so I am curious to see what the difference is. I see that most people seem to prefer the smaller ships?

thanks,
Old 07-06-2008, 07:38 PM

I must admit that I prefer the Spirit Class ships, of which the Miracle is one. They are not exactly small though. They are almost twice the size of the Holiday. Don't get me wrong, I love them all. It just seems they are laid out better.

Dwayne
Old 07-07-2008, 05:23 PM

cantw & Island,

Isle, I don't think we would like the Holiday because of the lack of balconies, I know they have a few suites but thats not my cup of tea. If you want a ship that size I would sail on Holland's Maasdam or one its sister ships or the MSC Lirica. We are seasoned cruisers (20+) and are spoiled, I will not cruise unless I have a balcony, a suite is adding a price we don't need or want at this time, but if we get upgraded we would not refuse it. I realize there are certain iteneraries you may want to visit that don't have all the options, like larger ships can't get into certain ports we would like to enjoy, then we would take a ocean view cabin. All in all Carnival is great and we have never had a bad cruise on it or any line, some are better than others, any cruise to me is a good cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cantw, I posted a Cruise Review on the Miracle May 12, I'm supprised its not up yet. When I post a review I try to do it shortly after getting home so as not to forget some details. As for the size of the ship to us it is just right. We have been on the Carnival Triumph, had a great cruise to Western Carib, but to us the ship is too big. We really enjoy the Spirit Class Ships. Sailed The Spirit from Hawaii to Vancouver in 05, had a great time, if you enjoy sea time this is a great cruise. We have also sailed on the Princess Island and Coral which are basically the same size ships and are booked this year on Holland's Westerdam. I'm not saying we won't go on a larger ship we just prefer a bit smaller. True larger ships generally have a bit more entertainment, though I'm saying its better better.

Now to the meat of your post. I think the Miracle is a great ship, design wise, iteneries, personel, food & entertainment. On embarkation we had a slight delay but you have to know it was its first trip from NYC this season. The delay was not that bad but to listen to some people you would think the world was coming to the end. You have to remember any cruise you take is as good as you want it to be or make it, some people are never happy. I agree sometimes the crews are at fault but in most cases its beyond their control. Carnival was great. The first couple of days were a bit chilly but after that the weather was fine. Tough when you leave fronn NYC in May, could be 50 or 90, tis the chance you take. I believe you will be sailing from Ft Lauderdale so this shouldn't be a problem. The ship is beautiful and very stable. We had some rough seas the first night, our room was on the 7th deck, no problem. We had one of the best room stewards ever. He was great, just like in the adds, he seemed to know your every wish and the towel animals he made were second to none, things we have never seen or expected. Food was excellent and our waiter and bus buy were also great. This just seemed to be one of those vacations that came together and almost everything was perfect. As for the disco, yes it is on two floors, we did go there to see it, wasn't our type of music. I thought it was very unique, true you might have to be a bit careful and remember you are at sea which could be rough, and watch what you drink. I thought the stairs were well marked???? I don't know your itenerary but that was one of the main reasons we took this cruise. We are from upstate NY but have never cruised from the city. We found out its a great way to go , the biggest plus not having to fly. Problem is during the winter months we still have to fly to get away from the cold weather.

I know I got a bit long here, as you can tell we had a great cruise on the Miracle and would not hesitate to sail aboard her again. Just a note to me and some other passengers I spoke to the crew seemed to be a bit more freindly and happy with their jobs. They were always smiling and speaking. Hope you have a great cruise as well and check the cruise review once in while. Don't know why it has taken this long.
JC
Old 07-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Banned

Glad to hear she is still delivering great cruises.

We sailed her in Oct 06 out of Tampa and had a fabulous time.

I must admit that I am partial to the Spirit class ships as well. They have most of the amenities of the Conquest class with 700 less people!!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Anyone going on the Miracle should note that propulsion problems have caused the ship to change it's itinerary from now until mid-October. Instead of Tortola, the ship will visit the Turks And Caicos. No word on repairs, but I assume the ship will enter drydock in October and some cruises may be affected.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Banned

Thanks for the heads up!!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:08 PM

Thanks, Dave for the head's up. I haven't heard anything about the repair either. She is scheduled for a 2 day CTN on October 16th. She is supposed to go back to Ft. Lauderdale after that for a cruise on the 20th. She may have to make an Azipod Pitstop somewhere/sometime. They don't have a Drydock scheduled for 2008 that I know of. I have read of some concerns expressed by people booked about her not being fully up to speed heading into high hurricane season.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, forward, hollands, miracle, westerdam