Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2005, 05:37 PM

Hey .. We got back last week from our June 19th cruise. I really had a great time... Just the highs and lows for now...

The food was really good.. the shows were fantastic... Nassau was what I expected..neat but would like to try some different ports... staff was fantastic..

on the downside... nothing huge..would have liked the staff to speak a little more English... hard to get answers from lots of them...
SHip maps showed hallways where they weren't any..I was 15 minutes late for dinner the first night... Took a day and a half to find the kiddie pool.
The pool was closed intermittently and hard to know when it was going to be open and not.

room was pretty small and cramped..but we expected that with 5 of us.

Weather was rather crappy rained everyday..some huge storms..had to stop the shows the first night because of the wind .. but none of us got sick ! But the weather was easy to work around and didn't ruin anything..actually it was beautiful to watch the storms move across the open sea. And we woke up to a double rainbow the day we left Nassau arching over the incoming cruise ships.

Thanks so much for everyone answering my sometimes stupid questions on here the last couple months... You were all on the nose!

Questions?

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 06-28-2005, 05:37 PM

Hey .. We got back last week from our June 19th cruise. I really had a great time... Just the highs and lows for now...

The food was really good.. the shows were fantastic... Nassau was what I expected..neat but would like to try some different ports... staff was fantastic..

on the downside... nothing huge..would have liked the staff to speak a little more English... hard to get answers from lots of them...
SHip maps showed hallways where they weren't any..I was 15 minutes late for dinner the first night... Took a day and a half to find the kiddie pool.
The pool was closed intermittently and hard to know when it was going to be open and not.

room was pretty small and cramped..but we expected that with 5 of us.

Weather was rather crappy rained everyday..some huge storms..had to stop the shows the first night because of the wind .. but none of us got sick ! But the weather was easy to work around and didn't ruin anything..actually it was beautiful to watch the storms move across the open sea. And we woke up to a double rainbow the day we left Nassau arching over the incoming cruise ships.

Thanks so much for everyone answering my sometimes stupid questions on here the last couple months... You were all on the nose!

Questions?

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 06-28-2005, 07:35 PM

Good to know you had a great time! Especially despite the weather - so many let bad weather ruin their vacation; sounds like you made the best of it. Welcome back!
Old 06-30-2005, 08:42 PM

We got back from Fantasy on the 26th. Had a great time. Although think will try for another cruise line next time. We aren't really "Las Vegas" people. Really no complaints about anything. Had good food (TOOOOO Much), room nice and tidy (no smells). If there was anything, it would be having to climb the stairs because the elevators were so slow, but we needed the exercise anyway! I also thought all the bare-bottomed women in the show was a little much for a "family hour" show. Paul the cruise director was great and funny. We're ready to go again, already started a cruise savings!! Thanks to everyone for the great hints. The over the door shoe hanger is the best invention since sliced bread! I even used it in the hotel after the cruise. I will never travel without one again. Also, picked up my free deck of cards from the pursers desk and more postcards (although I never found the time to write them!!). P.S. I tried going out the "secret door" beside the stage, it was locked and the lady told me it was crew only.

Closed Thread