Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 02:37 PM

All of the ports that we stopped at had a beautiful and SUPER SAFE strip to shop in. Right off the pier. If you want to know info for which Island, I'll let you know though on my trip, the ports were only Cozumel, Panama (Limon) and Ocho Rios Jamaica.

All were great. Hey by the way, We were in Jamaica and hubby forgot a bag FILLED with souveniers for the kids we have..... I was frantic, but we same tour company standing around and he immediately told me "No Problem Mon" I thought to myself, "Yeah right no problem..... no problem for you...." Well within 10 minutes, he had called, and the bus literally came back and dropped off our stuff! HOW is that for honesty! I LOVE JAMAICA!!!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 05:23 AM

Tracy, you are the only one I have ever heard say they loved Jamaica. We have friends who cruise all the time, and they now hate Jamaica because of how people follow them everywhere to get money. They even followed him into the ocean trying to sell them stuff. They just went back to the ship on their last cruise and said they won't go back to Jamaica. They love the Cayman islands though.
Jamaica is where I have always wanted to go. I would love love love it.
Now, thanks to you I want to go again. Thanks girl...
Old 11-03-2006, 09:07 AM

Good Morning Sherri,

Just getting read to head to Montreal so I'll make this quick. About Jamaica. Yes your friend is correct! There is that there but htere is on most islands for sure. We had all kinds of people asking if we wanted to buy drugs first of all, pretty much every male asked us. While going back to the ship there was a young man treading the ocean asking for people to throw money to him. I threw a dollar. Yes for sure you see alot of that there but for me being the neice of a Professor of Horticulture, I LOVE FLOWERS, and gardens. We did the Dunns River Falls and Enchanted Gardens Tour. It was spectacular to say the LEAST! Absolutely breath taking. I know what you mean though and yes people everywhere we went were pestering us to look at their stuff for sale, and buy drugs, asked us on the street what we needed, Dale asked for an American Newspaper so he could check the score of the Boston Montreal game (NHL) and this guy of course wanted money I'm sure BUT a security guard in the tourist area SHOOED him away telling him he was to leave the tourists alone. We ate at the Jerk and Taj" where they make amazing Jerk Chicken. You are right, they pester tourists to buy things, to help us etc but it really didn't bother me just as long as you are polite and say no thanks they are happy "No Problem Mon" To me, Jamaica is definitely a place I'd like to visit for a longer period of time. Please remember too about Jamaica, its an incredibly rich country but the people are EITHER rich or dirt poor. If you can put up with a bit of pestering to look at their fine collection of sellables you won't have a problem. The malls there for the tourists are amazing too. They don't bug bug bug at all. But they do like to barter! Any more questions about Jamaica are most welcome.

Closed Thread

Tags
8daycruise, back, carnival, cruise, cruises, day, duty, free, presentation, review, ships, sold, tequila, things, victory