Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 11:23 PM

We are heading on our first criuse to Hawaii/Alaska in May 2008.

How long before the cruise can you accessthe CCL webiste to access things like cabins and excursions etc.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 11:59 PM

You should be okay to shop for excursions now but will have to postpone the Fun Pass and registration until you're within 60 days of the cruise. It's a unique sailing you'll be on. Carnival doesn't usually include Hawaii on any of it's cruise itineraries. Give us a report of your trip when you get back.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-14-2008, 12:52 AM

Hi Shaza,

You should be able to register your cruise. Click on the My Reservation link on the top of the page. If you are fully deposited it should let you add excursions if they are available at that time. I've noticed it does vary sometimes when the excursions are listed.

I'm not quite sure what the question is about with the cabins. If you book an assigned cabin it should show up immediately. If it is on a Guarantee that could be anywhere from several months up to about 10 days.

Dwayne
Old 01-14-2008, 03:24 AM

Sorry Neil, I didn't see your reply before I posted.

Yes, this is a very unique cruise indeed. It affords cruisers the rare opportunity to do a back to back with Hawaii and Alaska. It would be a dream cruise of a lifetime for me.

Congrats Shaza!

Dwayne
Old 01-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Sorry Neil, I didn't see your reply before I posted.

Yes, this is a very unique cruise indeed. It affords cruisers the rare opportunity to do a back to back with Hawaii and Alaska. It would be a dream cruise of a lifetime for me.

Congrats Shaza!

Dwayne
When my daughter danced on the Spirit she was on board for Hawaii and Alaska. I did not think this was unusual but just the cruise that moved the ship from it's Hawaii itineraries to the Alaska ones. I think the Spirit now stays on the west coast but she was also on it through the panama canal west to east and then back again later. The Spirit had 2 Pananma cruises at that time each time change home ports.

Anyway she loved Hawaii and Alaska. She did a crab tour and walked on glaciers in Alaska. Have a great cruise.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:26 AM

While i agree the back to back hawii/Alaska cruise would be a dream cruise event, having to pack for both climates would throw my wife into a packing frenzy. I can't imagine the number of suitcases she would have waiting at the door on departure day.

I think I would need to hire a cargo carrier.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-14-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim C.:
While i agree the back to back hawii/Alaska cruise would be a dream cruise event, having to pack for both climates would throw my wife into a packing frenzy. I can't imagine the number of suitcases she would have waiting at the door on departure day.

I think I would need to hire a cargo carrier.
Great post Jim, I hadn't thought about that part but I'd be in the same boat, so to speak. My wifey already oever packs every time we leave home. Thanks for the laugh and glad I'm not alone in having the issue.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-15-2008, 07:52 PM

Thanks all, we have been trying to enter our reservation number onto the website, it continues to tell us that they no booking matching our number, the travel agent told us that we can't access it until 2 mths before cruise.

Yes, Neil and Jim, packing is a huge problem for me. Trying to pack for winter and summer and leave room to bring back goodies. Also, we don't own much winter gear coming from Cairns, Australia.

Tks
Shaza
Old 01-15-2008, 08:13 PM

Hi Shaza, That's a new system requirement that just recently went into effect. You cannot access the registration system until you're within 60 days of your cruise date. Both NCL and Carnival have made this change, don't really know why they did it. I thought you could still get into the excursion portion but if it won't let you they must have changed that part too. I'm surprised by that since that is part of their source for revenue. You'll have to try again in March.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-16-2008, 03:58 AM

Thanks Neil for the new information. It has been 120 days in the past to register online. I guess they have their reasons.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
access, carnival, cruise, fun, line, owa, pass, registration, system, web